Post Date: 01/03/2019
Close Date: 02/13/2019
Position is full-time, however it can be split into part-time with morning and afternoon shifts if applicant is unavailable for full-time. Please note which shift you would like when applying.
Job Title: Teacher
Salary Range: $12.50-$14 DOE
Hours: Full time nonexempt
Department: School Age Program - Sabin
Closing Date: Open until Filled
This is a teaching position for a before and after school program with kids ages 5-12. A teacher helps support the site director in developing and teaching curriculum each day as well as supporting students in social and emotional development. This position requires a person who is reliable, flexible and can take initiative.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Work with children ages 5-12 in a before and after school program in NE Portland
• Communicate with parents at drop off and pick up
• Attend meetings or trainings 2-3 times per month
• Support the Site Director with lesson/ activity plans
• Adhere to licensing regulations for the program and school rules and requirements
• Work with children with a 15 to 1 ratio, assisting with structured group activities as well as serving snack, supervising free choice and participating in recess
Qualified candidates will:
• Have at least 6 months of experience working with school aged children in a licensed facility or classroom setting
• Be dedicated, reliable, and organized with a strong interest in children and/ or education
• Have or be able to immediately get CPR/ First Aid Certification, Food Handler's Card, RCAAN certification and Oregon Central Background registry number
• Experience using email
Other Skills & Abilities
• Reliable transportation
• Ability to fluently speak a language in addition to English is a plus
The full job description is available at www.nhpdx.org. Select "Careers" under "Who We Are" and scroll to find the "School Age Teacher - Sabin" job description.
For Immediate consideration, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please send resume as an attachment. Links will not be accepted.