Post Date: 03/28/2019
Close Date: 04/14/2019
At Catlin Gabel School, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work as educators. We pride ourselves on being a warm and welcoming community, and we know our school's success is due in large part to the hard work and dedication of our passionate employees.
Catlin Gabel's dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our curriculum and in our mission. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Applications are welcome from anyone and everyone.
Position Title: 4th Grade/ASP Teaching Assistant
Department: Lower School and After School Programs
FTE: 1.0 (Non-Exempt)
Reports To: Beginning and Lower School Head/ Lower School Assistant Head
Director of Beginning and After School Programs
A Lower School Teaching Assistant supports teachers and children in the classroom, outdoors, and on field trips. Teaching Assistants also supervise children in the Before and After-School Program (ASP). Please note that we are looking to have someone fill and begin in this position as soon as possible.
• Assist with supervision of children in the classroom, outdoors, in specialist classes, and on field trips
• Work individually with students on academic tasks
• Support children’s learning in all subject areas
• Correct student work and record results
• Provide careful and concentrated supervision of children to ensure safety and learning
• Provide an inclusive, caring environment with respect to children’s individual differences
• Assist with preparation and care of materials
• Assist with care and maintenance of the classroom environment
• Participate in planning as asked
• Provide care before and after school and on days when regular classes are not in session
• Pursue professional learning opportunities, including 15 hours of professional development every year
• Attend orientations, staff meetings, and training sessions if assigned
• Maintain current Child Care Division Central Background Registry, Food Handler, CPR/First Aid certifications, and professional development hours in Oregon Registry Online (ORO)
• Demonstrate willingness to learn about conflict resolution, differentiation, classroom/group management strategies, and child development.
• Support school efforts in inclusivity, diversity, and multicultural curriculum.
• Use technology to help with curricular/planning needs and parent communication – i.e. photo management, posting to web pages, word processing, publishing student work, etc.
• AA in education or related field or equivalent combination of training and experience
• Experience working with young children
• Enrollment in Oregon Office of Child Care’s Central Background Registry
• Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
• Food Handlers certificate and current CPR and First Aid certification
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx. Applicants MUST apply via the provided link to be considered.
Complete details: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx