Post Date: 05/13/2019
Close Date: 05/30/2019
Central City Concern’s (CCC) Blackburn Center is a new six-floor building in East Portland, Oregon (clinic and housing) that will give vulnerable people access to integrated housing, employment and health services, and provide support they need to stabilize and rebuild their lives.
CCC is hiring employees to help lift this project to national prominence. Known for innovative programming already, CCC now moves toward a first-of-its-kind operating model (including key changes such as centralized intake and integrated care teams) in a more diverse community and a landscape of new potential community partners. About 40 percent of East Portland’s population are immigrants and from communities of color. We strive to be a true reflection of the community and design our services and teams to achieve a culturally responsive place for our clients.
Our innovative, comprehensive services focuses on the whole person and their well-being. Our guiding principles drive this work to be:
• trauma informed
• integrated; in collaboration with community partners
• focused on diversity, equity and inclusion; and
• sustainable for long-term success.
Join us in this innovative and impactful work! CCC values lived experience and multilingual individuals in its hiring practices. Training and advancement opportunities are embedded in our culture and staff members support one another in their professional endeavors.
TITLE: Blackburn Center Environmental Services Associate
DEPARTMENT: Blackburn Center Facilities
SALARY: $13.75 Hourly
SCHEDULE: Multiple Shift Available
SUMMARY: The Blackburn Center is an innovative program that will offer integrated housing, health care, and employment services with the long term goal of eliminating homelessness. We seek to change how these services are delivered to all people, especially vulnerable populations.
This position will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team at the Blackburn Center to deliver comprehensive, person-centered, integrated services to the Portland Eastside community. The Blackburn Center Environmental Services Associate is responsible for the janitorial services of the Blackburn Center, an integrated health services and housing facility. This position is an integral member of the facilities team and is an integral member of the facilities team and reports directly to the Blackburn Facilities Operations Manager (FOM) for daily operational matters, performance and services oversight, as well as matters requiring collaboration, optimization, scheduling and coordination.
1. Must have a High School diploma or GED or be actively pursuing.
2. Must have at least six months experience in interior and exterior janitorial cleaning.
3. Must have experience in floor care - stripping, waxing, buffing and carpet cleaning.
4. Must be able to read, write and understand English.
5. Sufficient manual dexterity and physical ability to perform duties.
6. Must be able to work outside of normal business hours (swing shift, overnight, weekends, evenings.)
7. Must have the ability to work in areas of the Blackburn Center and outside locations.
8. May be required to carry a CCC issued smart phone and abide by CCC’s phone policies.
9. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
10. If a recovering chemically dependent person, must currently be clean and sober.
11. Must generally have the ability to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects, and climb stairs with reasonable or no accommodation.
12. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
Check out the full job description and apply at:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs