Post Date: 10/02/2019
Close Date: 12/31/2019
Make a difference at Janus Youth Programs by helping to build a safe and healthy community!
SUMMARY: The Payroll and HRIS Specialist is responsible for processing semi-monthly payroll and administering compensation and benefits in compliance with regulatory, policy, and Collective Bargaining Agreements. This position assists the Director of Human Resources with processing benefit enrollment in HRIS and coordinates enrollment and other processing requirements with third party administrators.
SCHEDULE: Typical schedule is Monday-Friday. However, this schedule may be adjusted according to the needs of the program
WAGE/BENEFITS: $3750.00 per month. Janus offers an excellent benefits program including medical, dental, life & long-term disability insurance; EAP; 401(k) and paid time off (varied eligibility waiting periods apply). Voluntary optional coverages are also available.
TO APPLY: Please apply online through Paycom. https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=49843&clientkey=B2769BCD28C361F478D256B9462A3454
Applications for all positions may be forwarded to appropriate similar positions within Janus Youth Programs. Positions may vary by location, pay structure, union, and supervisory staff.
Due to the volume of applications received, we regret that we can contact only those applicants who are invited to interview. If it happens that you are not contacted to arrange an interview, please know that we are grateful for your interest in employment opportunities at Janus Youth Programs.
Janus Youth Programs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Find out more about Janus at our website, www.janusyouth.org!
QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination of education, experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position is qualifying.
• At least two (2) years’ work experience in payroll, HRIS, and/or benefits administration.
• A working knowledge of HRIS, payroll processing, and benefit administration
• Strong proficiency in the use of a variety of software including Excel, Word, HRIS (Paycom preferred), and a variety of benefits administration systems.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with staff at all levels of the organization
• Must value working in a multicultural/diverse environment.
• Must be reliable in meeting exacting and highly-accurate work results and strict deadlines with the ability to work efficiently and accurately with numbers and text.
• A commitment to on-going training and a willingness to receive and act upon feedback.
• Ability to accurately read, record, and interpret information and complete written documentation that meets payroll and HR guidelines.
• Knowledge of office administration procedures with an ability to be detail-oriented, highly organized, and to manage time effectively.
• Ability to handle high level of sensitive and confidential situations/information.
• Strong employee relation skills with a focus on timely resolution.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-dependent environment and to act on the agenda of the organization.
• Ability to exercise tact, discretion and judgment in working with a variety of people.
• Ability to engage in supervision, follow program, procedural, and supervisor directions, and receive feedback in a cooperative and positive manner.
• Ability to regularly attend scheduled shift, be punctual for scheduled shift and meetings, and be in a condition suitable for assuming responsibilities of position.
• Manual dexterity allowing performance of routine office tasks such as writing, phone use, filing, copying, and use of computer keyboard.
• Ability to sit for multiple hours a day and to be able to lift up to 10lbs.
• Personal transportation allowing for travel within the Portland metropolitan and SW Washington area in a timely manner is required. All employees who drive for work purposes must have and maintain a valid driver’s license for state of residency, have a driving record that permits coverage under the corporate auto liability policy, and complete the agency’s driving approval process before driving for work. If driving a personal vehicle for work purposes drivers must also have personal auto liability coverage ($100,000/$300,000 levels strongly recommended). Employees are not to drive for work purposes until they have received written authorization to do so.
• Bloodborne Pathogens training is required on first day of employment and annually thereafter.
• Must complete Mandatory Abuse Training on first day of employment and annually thereafter.
• Must pass criminal history background check.
• May involve exposure to communicable diseases, including a variety of illnesses and infections such as the common cold, TB, Hepatitis, flu, meningitis, and HIV.
• May involve time in excess of routine schedule and/or overtime, including evening/overnight and/or weekend hours and/or holidays.
• May require working and providing services at locations other than program site (i.e., restaurant, café’, clients’ apartments, etc.,) and may, therefore, be exposed to environments not under agency control (i.e., second-hand smoke, varying hygiene practices, etc.).
This position description is intended to give the reader a general idea of the overall purpose and the main activities and responsibilities that are intrinsic to this position. While this description is intended to be representative, it is not intended to be limiting.
DIVERSITY SPOKEN HERE - JANUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER