Post Date: 12/23/2019
Close Date: 01/24/2020
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
This is a part time position at 24 hours per week, located at a residential respite facility in the Rockwood area of Portland. The schedule is Wednesday through Friday, typical daytime business hours.
Under general direction, the Registered Nurse (RN) coordinates the prioritization of treatment and task for the shift, and implements medical interventions. The RN assumes responsibility for treatment decisions in keeping with RN licensure provisions and renders care prescribed by Physicians and Nurse Practitioners, while supporting a Trauma Informed Care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the RN understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve.
- An Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university or an Associates in Nursing in addition to one year of full time work experience in mental health.
- An active, unencumbered Oregon Registered Nurse License and CPR/First Aid Certification.
- A minimum of two years of clinical experience providing inpatient or outpatient services is preferred
- Knowledge of medical conditions most commonly encountered by people with a severe and persistent mental illness and an understanding of the physiological basis for the nursing care delivered
- Motivational Interviewing
- Ability to maintain a trauma informed care environment
- Operate Computer hardware and software at a level to effectively perform the job functions
- Enter and retrieve data
- Ability to perform CPR, First Aid, and properly use AED equipment. CPR/ First Aid certifications are required and must remain current.
- Ability to commute to various Cascadia sites and community locations as needed.
Cascadia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, or age.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)