Post Date: 06/25/2019
Close Date: 07/19/2019
Are you a finance expert interested in working for a mission driven organization with ambitious goals to create a world where nature and people thrive? Are you data driven and skilled with developing tools and providing analysis that will inform the strategic direction of an organization? Our Finance and Compliance Manager position could be the next step in your career!
As our Finance and Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for the Oregon Chapter’s $14 million budget and all financial activities (full budget life cycle, privately funded grants administration, maintenance and reporting of financial data) and overseeing portions of the Communications and Operations department’s business services related to risk management. In this role, you will regularly work closely with leadership and partner across different departments in developing financial strategies for both programs and complex projects, lead financial analysis and support development and implementation of financial strategy for the chapter. You’ll report to the Deputy Director, Operations and Communications and manage one direct report.
In case you’re not familiar, The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 72 countries, all 50 United States, and your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity therefore we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
As a leader in Oregon’s conservation community, our team of scientists and problem solvers protects and restores the iconic landscapes and inspiring locations that define our great state. From working to reduce the severity of fires in our forests and designing our clean water future to developing innovative technologies with fisherman and ranchers that sustainably protect both nature and livelihoods, The Nature Conservancy is building a future where people and nature thrive together.
The ideal candidate will have a background and track record that includes:
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration and 5 years' related experience or equivalent combination.
• Experience with accounting principles, practices and regulations.
• Experience recruiting, supervising and developing staff.
• Experience with GAAP.
Some desired knowledge, skills and experience that would be helpful:
• Multi-lingual skills and/or multi-cultural experience appreciated.
• Technical expert on complex accounting/financial issues. Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience monitoring for and ensuring compliance with organizational policy, applicable law and regulation, and finance/accounting/management best practice.
• Experience analyzing a regulatory framework and applying it to the situation at hand.
• Expert knowledge of GAAP and/or relevant regulatory framework.
• Experience evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls; interpreting guidelines and analyzing factual information to adapt or modify processes as needed.
• Ability to resolve complex issues independently within program area.
Interested in finding out more?
Review the full description and application link here (https://bit.ly/2ZObPg1) or visit www.nature.org/careers and enter job ID 47776 in the keywords search.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST on July 19, 2019 to be considered.
Complete details: https://bit.ly/2ZObPg1