Post Date: 03/18/2020
Close Date: 03/31/2020
The Regional Arts and Culture Council (RACC) has one mission – to enrich our communities through arts and culture. We believe that the arts have the power to change hearts and minds, and to inspire social change. We also believe that arts and culture are key elements in creating desirable places to live, learn, work and visit.
We strive to cultivate equity in all of our programs. Prejudice and privilege have created barriers that RACC must dismantle, systematically and strategically, until everyone in our community has equitable access to arts and culture.
As a RACC team member, your work will help to educate and empower people from all walks of life by providing and promoting access to a diversity of art and cultural experiences. If you’re eager to make a difference, that’s a great start. To best serve our communities, we need commitment – to our mission, our goals and, most importantly, to the people we serve.
If you are ready to be part of a committed, collaborative team dedicated to our community, we want to talk to you.
The Opportunity: Communications and Advocacy Design
The Communications and Advocacy Design position supports the operations and workflow systems for a team of 6-8 advocacy, development and communications staff. The position is specifically responsible for conducting research; analyzing and summarizing data; producing reports; supporting meetings and convenings; building and editing web pages; graphic design and desktop publishing; and providing technology support.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Support the operations of the communications and advocacy team, with a focus on documentation, providing technology support and systems thinking.
• Monitor and summarize local, regional and national legislative and policy issues, and maintain contact information for elected officials and candidates.
• Support research projects including economic impact studies, cultural asset mapping and local arts agency benchmarking through online research, data entry, and report preparation.
• Provide support for meetings and convenings, including setting up and taking notes; sending invitations and tracking RSVPs; staffing workshops and trainings; coordinating logistical details; preparing agendas, PowerPoint presentations and printed materials.
• Create and iterate rapid prototypes of presentations, including graphic design and layout support for print and electronic materials.
• Editing, proofreading and design support for print and electronic internal and external communications.
• Develop and optimize the team’s online collaboration space, editorial calendar and project management tracking in Asana.
• Support maintenance and programing in WordPress for RACC-owned websites, including the company Intranet, Arts Impact Fund website, Art of Leadership page, and other microsites with a focus on optimal user experience.
• Support the organization’s cultural asset mapping projects by maintaining databases of performing and visual arts venues, grantee locations, and arts education data. Plot cultural asset mapping locations (including public art locations) in an online web environment.
• Gather demographic data from across the organization and produce reports on that data. Train RACC staff as needed to collect and provide this information.
• Provide ongoing support to the activities of the Executive Director, the Director of Research and Advocacy, the Communications Manager and the team.
• Assistance with printing, copying, scanning, metering, and mailing as needed.
• Participate in organization-wide meetings and staff committees, including staff equity workgroups and Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Access training.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Exceptional data entry and data manipulations skills, including: rapid speed, accuracy, concentration, and patience.
• Exceptional organizational, memory, and analytical skills.
• Mastery of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint). High level of Excel skills is necessary.
• Mastery of the WordPress CMS software for website and HTML management.
• Graphic design training and experience, including mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Advanced expertise with Raiser’s Edge database system.
• Audio engineering and audio/video editing experience.
• Excellent customer service and teamwork skills.
• Experience with proofreading and written communication.
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks with alacrity and detailed attention.
• Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a collaborative team.
• Ability to be consistently punctual and to maintain a professional demeanor under duress.
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Schedule: TBD By Supervisor
Regular Business Hours 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday - Friday
Flexibility may also be required to accommodate events and business needs
Supervisor: Director of Research and Advocacy
Compensation: $40,000 – 50,000 DOE; Medical and Dental benefits; Disability and Life Insurance; Paid Time Off (PTO); and 401(k) retirement plan.
To apply submit resume and cover letter here: https://racc.org/joblisting-cad
Complete details: https://racc.org/joblisting-cad