Post Date: 02/12/2020
Close Date: 03/20/2020
POSITION: Executive Director of Clinic Business Operations and Finance
DEPARTMENT: Finance and Administration
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration/CFO
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, Full-Time, Benefited
The Executive Director of Clinic Business Operations and Finance reports directly to the Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration/CFO (SVPFA). The Executive Director of Clinic Business Operations and Finance (EDCBOF) is responsible for the oversight, planning and direction of all University clinic business, finance and operations functions. In addition to working with UWS colleagues in the UWS Teaching Clinic, the EDCBOF will work with the CEO/CMO of the new clinic (to be outlined in a full service lease agreement) to include but not limited to, day-to-day clinic administrative operations, finance, scheduling, patient generation, billing and collections, etc. The EDCBOF recommends and implements policies, systems and practices to enhance the business operations and financial sustainability of the UWS clinic system. The EDCBOF is responsible for developing a business culture focused on a high level of customer service to internal and external constituents, including our patients.
Management and Leadership:
• Manage employees including recruiting, annual performance reviews, training and development.
• Coordinate with Human Resources to create, maintain, and execute job descriptions, appointments, agreements and/or contracts with clinic personnel.
• Maintain policies and procedures and appropriate internal controls to safeguard assets.
• Create a team culture focused on supporting the core mission of our clinics in an environment of dynamic customer service with the goal of continuous process improvement.
• Standardize business procedures and modify as necessary.
• Work with Information Technology staff focused on the clinic in order to develop data analytics and reporting in support of sustainable clinic operations.
• Manage business related information technology needs of the clinic system.
• Manage office equipment, and clinical equipment and instrument needs, and managing necessary repairs and replacements.
• Manage the inventory, dispensing, sale, and storage of office supplies, clinical supplies, medications, supports, home-care materials, and nutritional supplements.
• Implement policies to ensure adequate inventory control.
• Coordinate with clinic providers to ensure adequate stock of office and clinical supplies.
• Maintain and, as required, establish new systems and procedures.
• Prepare internal and external reports, surveys and analysis.
• Participate in financial and business policy development in conjunction with the SVPFA and the Chief Business Officer.
• Work closely with other departments to integrate and maintain integrity of data.
• Analyze reports, identify problem areas, and recommend and/or take corrective action.
• Facilitate regular meetings for information-sharing, training and education, and to resolve/prevent problems.
• Review, analyze, monitor and support the negotiation of contracts and agreements with insurers and insurer-networks.
• Optimize the net revenue of the clinic system by enriching clinic revenue and effectively managing expenses.
• Ensure suitable cleaning and proper sanitization of all clinic facilities, instruments and equipment.
• Work with UWS administration and staff and the CEO/CMO of new clinic to implement clinic goals and objectives in support of the university’s strategic and operational plans.
• Identify opportunities for clinic growth and revenue diversification.
• Implement and oversee clinic financial reporting that will support strategic planning and implementation.
• Implement internal controls and efficiencies to ensure safeguarding of clinic and university assets.
• Recommend and implement clinic-related policies, practices, and documentation to enhance billing, coding, and revenue collections.
• Coordinate with clinic providers, interns and the university marketing department on clinic branding, outreach initiatives, public relations and methods to optimize public awareness and utilization of clinic services.
• Explore and recommend policies, practices and procedures to enhance the volume and variety of patient care opportunities.
• Investigate management practices to optimize the revenue capacity of the clinic system.
Financial Services and Reporting:
• Oversee clinic financial functions including payments, refunding, billing, and coding.
• Prepare clinic budgets and financial models.
• Develop and implement clinic business plans. Coordinate the annual operating and capital budgeting process and monitor budget projections and variances throughout the year.
• Generate financial reports on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis as well as at the request of the SVPFA.
• Establish regular reporting of practice management data and financial outcomes.
• Coordinate financial systems and processes with the Chief Business Officer.
Risk Management and Compliance:
• Maintain current knowledge of healthcare laws and regulations and monitor compliance to legal requirements and guidelines, internal policies and quality standards. Report areas of concern to the SVPFA.
• Minimize risks to patients, students, staff and the university.
• Ensure compliance with all financial and regulatory requirements in partnership with the Chief Business Officer.
• Maintain and monitor provider credentialing.
• Other duties and projects as assigned by the SVPFA.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform job)
• Proficiency in software as it pertains to clinic practice management applications. This includes the ability to develop, interpret and inform/educate others regarding University clinic practice and financial systems, database documents, and spreadsheet applications.
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial and business development experience.
• Excellent organizational and management skills.
• Ability to supervise, train and coach team members.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Well-developed skills in presenting material and concepts to all levels of management and staff.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, students, staff, agencies, and the general public.
• Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with broad constituencies of the University and represent the University at meetings.
• Thorough understanding of clinic operations, patient generation and healthcare billing and coding practices. Chiropractic experience preferred.
• Knowledge of principles and methods of supervision. Ability to plan and organize activities applicable to area of assignment.
• Self-starter with good judgement; demonstrated self-reliance and resourcefulness.
• Ability to analyze and evaluate operations as well as develop and implement corrective action to resolve problems.
• Strong work ethic and commitment to outcomes.
• Ability to work within, and to enhance, the broader sense of the University’s mission.
REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Training & Experience)
• Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or related discipline.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in healthcare clinical management. Prior experience in a chiropractic environment or higher education preferred.
• Strong financial background with previous experience in billing, coding and budgeting.
• In-depth knowledge of healthcare compliance, personnel law, workplace safety and other regulatory issues pertaining to clinical practice.
• Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
APPLICATION, SCREENING AND HIRING PROCESS:
Please submit a letter of application, a resume or CV and the names and contact information of three professional references. Official transcripts from prior institutions of higher learning must be received prior to offer being extended to the finalist.
University of Western States conducts background checks for the finalist or finalists of staff and faculty positions. The type of background check will vary by position type.
University of Western States is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please visit our website and click the large orange button: https://www.uws.edu/about/employment/
You may attach your materials as Word or PDF documents.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position