Post Date: 05/05/2020
Close Date: 06/02/2020
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Systems Analyst with Mainframe Skills to join an excellent team, provide top-notch support and work to advance their IT operations.
This position falls under the Classification Information Systems Specialist 7.
WHAT YOU WILL DO!
As a Senior Systems Analyst, you will provide requirements documentation, systems analysis, design and development, strategic planning and project coordination support to the Office of Information Services (OIS). You will support the Department of Human Services’ (DHS) Self-Sufficiency computer applications including but not limited to web-based, client-server, mainframe and database solutions.
Your primary focus will be on design, development and implementation of OIS DHS Self-Sufficiency Program (SSP) projects per agency policies, procedures, processes and standards. Your responsibilities will include assisting with requirements gathering and analysis, feasibility analysis, creation and support of business database access software (both client and server); development, implementation and maintenance of Internet sites and applications; and project and system planning, design and development of new systems. You will prepare IT reports, help develop presentations for delivery by other staff and provide project coordination. You may also assist with programming depending on current project priorities.
Additionally, you will play a technical leadership role on key computer applications in SSP areas such as Client Maintenance (CM) and the Food Stamps Management Information System (FSMIS). You will partially support the Integrated Eligibility (IE) Project, which will replace most client eligibility functions in legacy computer applications. You will also provide leadership and help execute and implement consistent repeatable coding and testing practices within the team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) Six (6) years of information systems experience with Mainframe Applications. OR (b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or a related field; AND Four (4) years of information systems experience with Mainframe Applications. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field; AND Two (2) years of information systems experience with Mainframe Applications. OR (d) A Master's degree of higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
• Strong working knowledge of Mainframe Applications and Processes.
• Experience using web services and associated tools.
• Experience with object-oriented analysis, design and programming.
• Expert-level knowledge of relational database techniques.
• Experience using COBOL and structured programming techniques.
• Experience or training in CICS, TSO, Easytrieve, and/or VSAM.
• Strong proficiency with DB2 including the use of tables, indexes, constraints, triggers, and stored procedures.
• Outstanding communication skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.