Post Date: 02/06/2020
Close Date: 03/08/2020
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
This is a full time position at 40 hours per week, working out of two of Cascadia's Health Centers in SE Portland and in Milwaukie, OR. The schedule is Monday through Friday, 11:00 am to 7:30 pm.
The Counselor III provides and coordinates integrated mental health and addiction services to referred by US Federal Pretrial and Probation, including assessment, development of treatment plans tailored to each client’s needs, and individual and group therapy while supporting a Trauma Informed Care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving services, it is required the Counselor III understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. This position involves a high degree of collaboration with US Federal Probation and Pretrial services.
- A Master’s Degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university. Demonstrate the competencies to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) as outlined in the Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR). Certification must be current and in compliance with the OAR’s.
- Must be a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC).
- Experience working with adults with co-occurring disorders and a history of involvement in the criminal justice system is preferred.
- Understanding of strength based case management philosophies and strategies
- Able to conduct a Mental Status assessment and formulate a diagnosis according to the most current DSM
- Understanding of trauma informed services
- Ability to implement recovery model, motivational interviewing, and stages of change
- Ability to operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Knowledge of accepted treatment practice
- Ability to enter data and retrieve data and to prepare simple reports
- Trained Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT) facilitator preferred.
- Ability to commute to various Cascadia sites and community locations as needed.
Cascadia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, or age.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)