Post Date: 09/06/2019
Close Date: 10/31/2019
Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency
and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric,
Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas and Avista, and Washington customers of NW Natural. Energy Trust is recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
We recognize the lack of diversity in our industry, and we actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention practices as well as our values. We believe every person and their lived experience is integral to building a vibrant culture and delivering effective services to all of the customers we serve. Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion and we encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
For the last several years, Energy Trust has engaged in focused efforts to integrate diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) principles into its services and operations. The newly created Diversity Lead position provides guidance and strategic focus and support to Energy Trust’s DEI current and future activities, including, but not limited to the continued implementation of the Energy Trust DEI Operations Plan, coordination of monthly DEI Committee meetings, and ongoing support of the externally-facing Diversity Advisory Committee (DAC). Additionally, this position will assist the organization in use of its DEI lens into existing systems and processes and identifying and integrating ongoing and evolving DEI organizational efforts for the future.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Advise organization on trending and effective DEI strategies that aid in organizational cultural responsiveness development.
• Support organizational research and knowledge of promising practices, discourse and publications about DEI.
• Demonstrate leadership skills and a commitment to the organization and the communities. Energy Trust serves by leading effectively and demonstrating a deep understanding and experience around DEI practices
• Manage the organization’s annual DEI budget effectively while ensuring the most value for expenditures
• Support all employee work groups and liaison with goal leads on the Energy Trust DEI Operations Plan, to agree on expectations around deliverables and deadlines. This includes meeting frequently with goal leads, and ensuring projects are moving forward and progress is well communication to the DAC, DEI Committee members and the organization when necessary.
• Support and serve as staff liaison to the DAC, providing meeting facilitation services, agenda development, and tracking on deadlines and deliverables
• Serve as a reporting and communications liaison between organization-wide DEI efforts and the Communications & Customer Service (CCS group). This includes tracking and reporting on metrics and outcomes of DEI initiatives across the organization.
• Manage operations of the DEI Committee and provide ongoing input and suggestions for possible meeting activities and agenda items. Manage scheduling, notetaking and tracking on deadlines and deliverables for the DEI Committee.
• Serve as a member of the Energy Trust outreach team and engage with communities as a representative of Energy Trust’s DEI efforts and interests as necessary
• Assist staff and groups in embedding the Energy Trust DEI lens and perspective into organization-wide systems and processes.
• Juggle tasks from the mundane to the strategic to ensure Energy Trust DEI activities result in outcomes and meaningful organizational change.
• Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner.
• This position may oversee the work of an administrative support resource, contractors or consultants.
• Five years of professional experience demonstrating DEI subject matter expertise, experience and supporting implementation of diversity initiatives in a business/professional setting.
• Two years of experience working within or partnering with Human Resources to develop and implement strategies improve organizational readiness for diversity and inclusion efforts.
• Strong understanding of change management principles and demonstrated experience in leading change activities effectively for DEI initiatives, including culturally responsive leadership development.
• Strong organization, scheduling and problem-solving skills.
• Must be self-motivated and able to prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
• Strong customer service and skills experiences. Ability to interface with all levels of an organization, independently and as a supportive, contributing team member.
• Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to influence across multiple stakeholders and competing priorities.
• Strong writing and communications skills, as well as experience preparing materials for and presenting to large groups. Maintain proactive and effective communication with leadership in all projects as assigned.
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word software applications, and familiarity with SharePoint.
• Experience with a customer relationship management system or similar software is preferred.
• Knowledge or professional interest toward energy efficiency or renewable energy programs is preferred.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
• Salary commensurate with skill and experience.
• Competitive benefits package.
• Applications accepted until position is filled.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application (found on Energy Trust’s website www.energytrust.org/about/careers) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Energy Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Complete details: https://www.energytrust.org/about/careers/