Post Date: 11/23/2018
Close Date: 12/15/2018
Assistant Program Director
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job code: APD-158
Our Shelter program is seeking an Assistant Program Director to support to the Program Director in overseeing the needs of the program are met. The position ensures that all clients are cared for, supervised and treated in a safe, secure, respectful and therapeutic manner.
Program Details: The Program serves adolescent youth (11-17 years old) in a co-ed residential facility setting. Our shelter is well equipped to comfortably care and provide support for up to 50 youth at a time. The youth have access to education, and mental health services onsite. The youth primarily arrive from Latin American countries, occasionally from other countries such as South East Asia, Eastern Europe and Africa. Program staff ensure that youth are integrated into the community and attend public school, while they await family reunification.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Collaborate with Program Director to assure that all ORR required services are provided
• Develops and proposes program policies and procedures to Program Director where necessary
• Directly supervises Milieu Supervisors, Medical Coordinators, Skills Trainers
• Ensures that staff are hired, trained and on boarded; coordinates scheduling to ensure program is staff in accordance with shelter standards
• Serves as a program resource in day-to-day operations
The ideal candidate will be familiar with mental health and social services delivery systems for minors receiving services via ORR and will be comfortable working in a diverse environment. Must be comfortable working in a regulated environment; and work within the parameters of program licensing guidelines. Leadership skills, strong work ethic, and an eye for quality improvement, while balancing risk in a dynamic work environment are essential qualities for this position.
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
•Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, sociology or other relevant behavioral science plus 5 years of progressive employment experience with a social services or childcare agency or organization
• 1 year supervising a team of individuals, participating in a leadership role or management role
• Bilingual in English and Spanish, and culturally competent in Latin American culture is preferred
• Must pass DHS criminal background check
• Must meet agency’s driving requirement
• This position requires ORR approval; exceptions to the minimum qualifications require ORR’s explicit written approval prior to hire and ORR may require supervision plans and additional training
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
•Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
•Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
•Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
•Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
•Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
•Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
•Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
About our City:
Portland, OR is art friendly, a food lover's dream, and has miles of gorgeous hiking trails and is but an hour plus from the ocean beaches.
•Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference job code “APD-158” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you’re applying for Assistant Program Director position.
•Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
No phone calls please
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://www.morrisonkids.org/job/assistant-program-director/