Post Date: 12/20/2017
Close Date: 03/31/2018
Education Coordinator - Opening Doors Project (PCC Academic Professional and Classified Staff Only)
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09225
Location: Cascade Campus
Address: 705 N Killingsworth Street, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Academic Professional; Level 4; Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Salary Range: $45,292/yr to $79,911/yr. (see Additional Posting Information section for details
Job Close Date: December 28, 2017
Continuation of this grant-funded position is dependent upon annual renewal of funding
Only current Academic Professional and Classified Staff eligible to apply for this opening.
The Opening Doors Project at Portland Community College Cascade is funded through a federal grant with the U.S. Department of Education to work with students located in the Oak Creek Youth Correctional Facility in Albany, OR. PCC has partnered with the Oregon Youth Authority, Multnomah Education Service District, Oregon Tradeswomen, Inc., Constructing Hope, and Worksystems to develop new educational and career opportunities for the young women incarcerated at the Oak Creek YCF. The Education Coordinator will assist the Project Director with implementing the deliverables of the grant while working with OYA and MESD staff and incarcerated students in Albany, OR. The Education Coordinator will also work to establish new partnerships in Multnomah County and surrounding areas to identify new opportunities for students releasing from the facility
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
13.33 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month, 11 Holidays, 3 additional Personal Leave days per year.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
* Provide oversight and coordination of training programs including those targeting students located within the Oak Creek Youth Correctional Facility. Direct part-time instructors who teach non-credit courses and review the work of other team members. Participate in staff performance appraisal process, and provide feedback as needed. Facilitate problem solving among staff.
* Manage the development and/or modification of new and existing credit and non-credit training programs including curriculum development, assessment methods, competencies for completion and student evaluation methods. Manage the development, planning, implementation and evaluation of instructional programs.
* Provide leadership in the identification and development of career pathways that will provide better access to and higher completion of certificate and degree programs for students leaving the Oak Creek Youth Correctional Facility.
* Coordinate with community partners, business and industry, employer liaisons, college departments and/or other partners to identify key industries with growth potential.
* Coordinate with several workforce development programs to ensure trainings offered meet the needs, requirements, and guidelines of all programs, as well as the needs of targeted populations.
* Coordinate with other areas and departments (e.g., CIS/CAS, Medical Technology, Distance Learning, Engineering, etc.) in developing collaborative courses, new methods of instruction and career pathways.
* Develop, manage and/or participate in outreach and recruitment activities for training programs.
* Establish minimum entrance standards for training programs. Screen potential students for minimum entrance requirements.
* Coordinate and/or participate in placement activities and post-employment/retention tracking with workforce development partners.
* Work with the college Curriculum Development Office to obtain course numbers and approval of new courses.
* Obtain student evaluations of part-time instructors. Follow-up and respond to student complaints. Mediate disputes that arise in the classroom. Work with students and case managers to resolve concerns related to training.
* Coordinate facilities use with other PCC departments; communicate fees for rental and send out invoices. Create schedule of classes and coordinate and/or monitor classroom utilization. Coordinate with staff and management regarding computers, equipment, and facilities issues. Order instructional supplies.
* Compute instructional costs (e.g., staff, indirect, materials, equipment, maintenance) for use in budgeting and cost effectiveness evaluations.
* Participate in program planning especially as it relates to training for students.
* Stay abreast of emerging trends in juvenile justice reform. Participate in professional development.
- The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
- Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
Bachelor's degree in Education, Communication, a Social Science discipline, or related field (experience performing the duties of this job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis).
Demonstrated professional experience in an educational or training environment is required.
Demonstrated experience working with at-risk and/or culturally diverse populations.
Demonstrated experience leading or supervising staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of: business and industry and current labor market trends; workforce development issues; college procedures and requirements; effective training techniques and learning theory;local, state and federal rules and regulations impacting assigned program; assessment tools for basic skills evaluation (e.g., CASAS, Work Keys, and the BEST (Basic English Skills Testing) may be required in some positions; computers and software that apply to assessment and training (e.g., QWIZ, Ellis or Plato).
Skill in: project management including communication, organization, facilitation and independent decision making; designing and writing classroom instructional materials; delivering public presentations and effective group facilitation.
Ability to: coordinate with college and program staff regarding new courses and curriculum development; work with an ethnically and culturally diverse staff and student population; prioritize and manage multiple projects independently and work in an environment with regular interruption; communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner; operate a variety of office equipment; communicate effectively in oral and written form.
When you apply, please attach a cover letter that describes how you meet the Minimum and Preferred Qualifications of the position.
Demonstrated experience working with young adults who have experienced the criminal justice or juvenile justice systems.
Demonstrated experience working within correctional facilities and/or detention facilities.
Exhibit strong interpersonal skills, conflict resolution and creative problem solving skills.
Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations (i.e. cultural, ethnic, socio-economic, gender, sexual orientation, religious, etc.)
Demonstrated experience with case management to include organizing data, keeping files, and preparing reports and/ or collaborating with outside resources.
Additional Posting Information:
Additional Posting Information
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter that describes how you meet the Minimum and Preferred Qualifications of the position (attach document)*
3. Current Resume (attach document)
When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or \".pdf\" formats.
Initial salary placement will normally be at Step 1. Advanced initial salary placement for directly relevant professional, business or industrial experience may be applied for new Academic Professionals.
- Upon hire candidate will be required to supply official copies of transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Faculty/Academic Professional Employees. Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1139787
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1139787