Post Date: 10/10/2019
Close Date: 12/24/2019
Do you like talking on the phone? Do you want to help older adults and people with disability with transportation? Ride Connection is looking for a full-time Travel Navigator (Customer Service Representative) to provide superior, quality customer service to ensure that each person who requests service is treated with dignity, respect and patience. We are looking for a friendly, patient and reliable person to answer a high volume of incoming calls from customers and ensure accurate input of their requests for transportation into our computer system. A passion for helping people in our community lead more independent lives is a must. You must submit an application, a resume, and a cover letter in order to be considered.
• Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in public contact and handling problems.
• Effective listening skills.
• Ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
• Ability to prioritize and organize tasks.
• Effective problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated computer capabilities with word processing, spreadsheet and database program experience.
• Geographic knowledge of Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington Counties and/or (computer) map reading skills.
• Ability to speak Russian, Spanish, or Vietnamese.
• Experience in position(s) with a high level of public contact in transportation, social or health services.
• Experience working with the older adults and people with disabilities.
• Previous experience in a demand-response public transportation program.
• Familiarity with the local community transportation system.
If you are ready for the challenge of coordinating transportation options for older people and people with disabilities, join our team. Please visit www.rideconnection.org for an application and job description. In order to be considered for this position, you must submit both an application, a resume and a cover letter. For additional information or to submit your material, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is an hourly non-exempt full-time eligible for partial paid benefits for the employee and family members. Compensation is $15.37 per hour. This position is open until filled.
Ride Connection shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Ride Connection take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability
Complete details: https://rideconnection.org/about-us/careers