Post Date: 03/14/2019
Close Date: 05/30/2019
Central City Concern’s (CCC) Blackburn Center is a new six-floor building in East Portland, Oregon (clinic and housing) that will give vulnerable people access to integrated housing, employment and health services, and provide support they need to stabilize and rebuild their lives.
CCC is hiring employees to help lift this project to national prominence. Known for innovative programming already, CCC now moves toward a first-of-its-kind operating model (including key changes such as centralized intake and integrated care teams) in a more diverse community and a landscape of new potential community partners. About 40 percent of East Portland’s population are immigrants and from communities of color. We strive to be a true reflection of the community and design our services and teams to achieve a culturally responsive place for our clients.
Our innovative, comprehensive services focuses on the whole person and their well-being. Our guiding principles drive this work to be:
• trauma informed
• integrated; in collaboration with community partners
• focused on diversity, equity and inclusion; and
• sustainable for long-term success.
Join us in this innovative and impactful work! CCC values lived experience and multilingual individuals in its hiring practices. Training and advancement opportunities are embedded in our culture and staff members support one another in their professional endeavors.
TITLE: Housing Specialist Blackburn Center
SALARY: $17.00-$18.70 hourly
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
SUMMARY: This position is part of the Supportive Housing Program at Blackburn Center. Primary responsibilities include facilitating the intake process into transitional housing programs and supporting clients as they move into permanent housing. This includes assessing program and permanent housing participant needs and providing assistance in obtaining permanent housing, working in collaboration with CCC staff and external partners.
1. Must have High School Diploma or GED or be actively pursuing.
2. Must have experience with data entry.
3. If a recovering chemically dependent person, must have at least 2 years of sobriety and be able to provide supporting documentation if requested.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience working with, clients who have mental health diagnosis and chemical dependency is desirable.
5. Must be able to demonstrate excellent computer skills.
6. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
7. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects. Able to climb stairs several times a day.
8. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
9. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
10. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles and sexual orientations, and treat individuals with respect and dignity.
Check out the full job description and apply at:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs