Post Date: 08/10/2018
Close Date: 01/31/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has fantastic opportunities for Project Managers with IT experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
What you will do:
As a Project Manager, you will manage medium to large scale projects within OIS Project Solutions and will function as a deputy project manager for highly complex enterprise scale initiatives.
This role will provide you an opportunity to support the successful implementation of technology solutions through facilitation and coordination with stakeholders, project staff, other OIS staff and contractors.
In this position, you will define project activities, solve problems, redefine project scope and sequence project activities. You will also lead and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve project objectives.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are a Project Manager with IT experience, don't delay, apply today!
These are full-time, Limited Duration positions that are classified and represented by a union.
These positions are located in Salem at 550 Capitol Street NE.
These limited duration positions are currently scheduled through June 30th, 2019. Employment beyond June 30th, 2019 will be dependent upon available funding and the needs of the program at this time.
Five years of progressively responsible experience related to Project Management;
Four years of progressively responsible experience related to the class concept AND an Oregon Project Associate Certification;
Two years of progressively responsible experience related to the class concept AND a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration, or a closely related field;
A Project Management Professional Certification awarded by the Project Management Institute.
• Hands-on progressively responsible experience managing major technology projects. Experience must include full responsibility for outcomes of major solutions or components.
• Ability to follow industry standards, particularly PMI (PMBOK) as evidenced by full responsibility for project leadership and outcomes.
• 5 or more years of experience using Microsoft Project to create and manage fully loaded project schedules outlining project milestones.
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects through a full lifecycle; initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling and closing.
• Experience creating foundational project artifacts such as project charters, schedules, plans, issues and risk logs and status reports.
• Experience with all or portions of Federal and State compliance reporting including Advanced Planning Documents, Project Closure, State CIO, Legislative and other Federal partner reporting.
• Experience and demonstrated proficiency in the following areas:
o Leading meetings to gather input and/or explain goals, processes, plans and statuses.
o Reviewing project deliverables.
o Verifying that project artifacts are completed according to schedule.
o Reporting project status to appropriate stakeholders.
o Conducting stakeholder management in a complex environment with interdependent decisions.
o Managing project organization, monitoring completion status and reviewing large volumes of work assignments and documentation.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.