Post Date: 09/30/2019
Close Date: 10/14/2019
Deadline to apply: October 14, 2019 @ 5:00 pm, PDT
Salary: $77,396.80 to $103,708.80 annually
Metro is seeking a thoughtful, dedicated and energetic individual to contribute to the Conservation Program Science Team in planning and implementing ecological restoration and park access projects within our 18,000+ acres and growing portfolio of nature parks, natural areas and developed parks, and to represent Metro in regional conservation-oriented collaborative efforts.
The successful applicant will have strong technical and project management skills, an equally strong public service ethic, have a demonstrated commitment to working with historically marginalized communities and an understanding of racial equity issues in environmental science. The ideal candidate is collaborative and comfortable in a fast-paced work setting restoring natural areas to improve water quality, wildlife habitat and the visitor experience.
At Metro, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• Bachelor's degree in environmental science, biology, botany or a closely aligned field,
• Three years' experience in restoration practice or other natural resources project management; or any combination of experience and education that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and ability to perform assigned duties.
• A valid driver's license.
• An advanced degree in environmental science, biology, botany, ecology or a closely aligned field.
• Five years' experience serving in a leadership role managing multiple simultaneous field projects and experience implementing projects in multiple habitat types.
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Complete details: www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs