Post Date: 07/02/2019
Close Date: 07/16/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an Outreach Coordinator with strong customer service skills experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Regional Outreach Coordinator (ROC) you will engage and provide training and support to community partners in Clatsop, Tillamook, Lincoln, Coos and Curry Counties as well as coastal cities in Lane and Douglas Counties. You will work with community partners who wish to assist Oregonians to enroll in the Oregon Health Plan (OHP) and help them navigate the healthcare system. You will work in a team community environment reaching out to targeted communities and/or constituencies developing new partnerships while supporting existing partnerships.
In this role, you will provide on-going training, technical support and will nurture partnerships by disseminating information about Medicaid, OHP, navigation, and access to healthcare services. You will inform community partners and stakeholders on policy changes and the possible implications and benefits for constituents. You will also monitor grantees’ activities and will assist the Grants and Contracts Coordinator and Community Partner Outreach Program (CPOP) Manager in conducting monthly check-in meetings, and compliance audits in order to evaluate outcomes, outputs, and activities to determine the progress towards grants and program goals.
Additionally, you will conduct presentations to community members, including members from the most vulnerable and marginalized populations in Oregon. You will also facilitate trainings and presentations regarding OHP, Health Care topics, Social Determinants of Health, Policy, and other topics to stakeholders and community partners, including Coordinated Care Organizations, Faith-based organizations, Community Based Organizations, health care providers, Federally Qualified Health Centers, School Boards, and other government agencies. Occasionally, you will present at national or statewide level conferences representing the Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Department of Human Services (DHS), CPOP and the State of Oregon.
As needed, you will provide input on operational process improvement opportunities regarding programming and other processes related to the CPOP.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an Outreach Coordinator with strong customer service skills, don't delay, apply today!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) Five (5) years of experience coordinating or administering a program. OR (b) A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, or a related field; AND Two (2) years of experience coordinating or administering a program. OR (c) A Master’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, or a related field; AND One (1) year of experience coordinating or administering a program. OR (d) A Doctor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, or a degree related field.
• Fluency in both English and Spanish (preferred).
• Knowledge of cities, counties and communities in the Oregon Coastal Area.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.