Post Date: 08/13/2019
Close Date: 09/03/2019
The Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development (DLCD) is seeking a highly-qualified candidate to be our next full-time, limited duration, Legislative Coordinator (Operations and Policy Analyst 3).
What would you be doing?
You would be assisting the Director, Deputy Director, Senior Policy Advisor, DLCD Policy Group, and the Commission in overseeing and coordinating program areas, with a primary focus on government relations and legislative work and policy issues. You would also assist with the development of policy in assigned areas of expertise, lead the Agency’s direct interactions with the Oregon Legislature and legislative stakeholders, assist in the coordination of legislation and policy with other agencies, and help with the ongoing evaluation of the Agency’s progress on performance measures.
Closing Date: Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Time Type: Full-time
Location: Salem, OR
Job Type: Limited Duration
Representation: Management Service - Non-Supervisory
Salary: $5,283 - $7,426 Monthly
If you are interested, please visit the Oregon job opportunities page.
• Understanding of, and experience working with Oregon's land use planning program, including experience with land use development
• Experience with the Oregon state legislative process.
• Ability to analyze legislation to understand the policy and fiscal impact on an agency/organization
• Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources into clear and concise written analysis.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish organizational priorities.
• Ability to work productively with colleagues across an agency/organization to achieve results.
• Ability to follow through on dozens of initiatives and produce results under the stress of short timelines and changing agendas.
• Understanding of complex external factors that may influence legislative direction and actions.
You will join a team of talented individuals charged with helping communities and citizens plan for, protect, and improve the built and natural systems that provide a high quality of life for all Oregonians. In partnership with citizens and local governments, we foster sustainable and vibrant communities and protect our natural resources legacy. We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer, committed to workforce diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, and retain highly skilled and talented individuals across all departments and programs who best reflect the diversity of our region. Please visit http://www.oregon.gov/LCD to learn more about the exciting and rewarding work we do!
If you are not interested, please consider helping us recruit top talent by sharing this opportunity with potential applicants and interested networks.