Post Date: 11/19/2018
Close Date: 01/01/2019
Clark College is currently seeking applicants for part-time Pharmacy Technician Instructors. Lecture rate is $64.70/hour and the lab rate is $55.20/hour.
This position is an ongoing recruitment in which applications are collected year-round. Positions will be filled as program needs arise.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in its programs and activities. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, goals, and objectives of the college. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
• Instruct 1-7 contact hours of Pharmacy Tech department courses.
• Instructional load may include such classes as:
o PHAR 118/128 Pharmacy Externship (performing clinical site visits)
o PHAR 128/129 Pharmacy Externship Seminar
o PHAR 114 Pharmacy Practice and Technology Lab
o Other Pharmacy courses as needed
• Other duties include:
o Attending departmental meetings
o Ongoing curriculum review/development
o Preparation for ASHP accreditation
o Professional development, and
o Program assessment/review
• Licensure as a Pharmacist or Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician
• Eligible for registration in Washington State
• Minimum of 3 years’ current experience in pharmacy practice
• Flexible schedule
• Reliable transportation (for clinical site visits)
• Associates Degree or higher
• College-level teaching experience
• Experience teaching online (Canvas training preferred)
• Expertise in a variety of pharmacy settings (inpatient, ambulatory, long-term care, etc.)
Required Online Application Materials:
• Clark College Online Application
• Current résumé
• Current cover letter
Open until filled.
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Condition of Employment:
• Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
• Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by videophone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes, which may occur on the campus and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period, may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
October 31, 2018
Complete details: http://www.clark.edu/about/jobs-and-employment/jobs/index.php