Post Date: 05/14/2020
Close Date: 06/30/2020
At Unitus, each employee has an opportunity to make a difference for our members. The Member Solutions Specialist mitigates risk to the Credit Union by negotiating solutions to lower collections risk and net loss exposure to our membership, ensuring our commitment for unparalleled service – the kind that creates the Unitus difference. Our strong team of leaders, outstanding culture, above market benefits, continuous involvement in the communities we serve, and competitive pay programs make Unitus an excellent place to contribute and grow your talents.
• Complete moderately complex to advanced functions pertaining to delinquency/default of a variety of loans to ensure payment, recovery, problem resolution and protection of the Credit Union’s interests.
• Gather information and maintain communications to ensure a strong member experience. Recommend effective solutions in complex situations.
• Monitor accounts and perform follow-up as needed. Evaluate referrals for financial counselor review and make appropriate referrals for repossession.
• Negotiate reaffirmations, review which bankruptcy plans to challenge, decide on suits vs. agency on write-off, submit and negotiate CPI, repossession and skip claims to State National.
• Meet department goals for delinquency, write-off, and recovery, while handling a high workload and call volume.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related major or equivalent experience.
• At least 2 years of related collection experience, including current knowledge of debt collection practices in consumer loans and real estate loans.
• Excellent communication skills including effective listening, speaking, problem solving and tact in working with internal and external members and colleagues.
• Mathematical skills necessary to set up arrangements involving multiple payments and analyze member budgets.
• Understanding and ability to apply collection, CPI billing and claims procedures, and credit reporting and FACTA regulations.
• The following knowledge and experience is a plus, but is not required:
o Experience in bankruptcy, repossession, judgments, and/or hardship modifications, including experience working with attorneys and courts in bankruptcy and small claims cases, including attendance at FMOC’s (First Meeting of Creditors) and hearings.
o Understanding and ability to apply bankruptcy, repossession and small claims suit processes and laws.
o Experience in advanced modification structuring and hardship loan work outs.
What’s it really like to work here?
We are a people-focused organization that places an emphasis on culture. Unitus is local, successful, and committed to continuously improving and growing!
For immediate consideration, apply online at www.unitusccu.com!
Unitus Community Credit Union (Unitus) is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment based on race, color, age, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process.
Complete details: www.unitusccu.com