Post Date: 09/26/2019
Close Date: 10/17/2019
As a Licensed Practical Nurse, you'll be responsible for providing nursing care to the young teens and adolescents served in our subacute facility, including administering medications and treatments, administering tube feeding, monitoring vital signs and general health of persons served, taking doctor's orders, providing input for nursing plan of care and individual support plan, and other and related tasks.
Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential. When you join Kerr, you become part of a team motivated to provide innovative and excellent programs, services and care.
- Monitor health issues of people served and follow protocol and procedures as needed.
- Pass medications, provide treatments according to Dr.’s orders, and be familiar with side effects.
- Tube feed as prescribed.
- Assure that documentation is complete and correct.
- Perform personal care duties.
- Paid medical, dental, and vision employee benefits
- Paid basic life & accident insurance and short- & long-term disability
- Paid internal training and career development
- 7 paid holidays and generous time off
- Verizon phone discount
- 401(k) with up to 4% employer match
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that provides resources for everything from mental health to pet insurance and financial counselling
- Satisfies employment requirement for student loan Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF)
- Current Oregon license as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Working knowledge of medication usage and side effects.
- Good math, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills.
- Experience working with people with disabilities preferred.
- Ability to relate effectively with people served.
- Ability to meet agency driving requirements and pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to lift over 25lbs. Ability to push of pull in excess of 75 lbs.
- Ability to stand or move about; use of arms raised in an unsupported position; periods of twisting from side to side at the waist; perform similar repetitive hand operations or other fatiguing demands for over five hours per day.
Complete details: www.albertinakerr.org/careers