Post Date: 06/07/2019
Close Date: 07/19/2019
Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to supporting and empowering all people with or affected by HIV, reduce stigma, and provide the LGBTQ+ community with compassionate healthcare. Learn more about us at http://www.cascadeaids.org/.
CAP is excited to announce that we are currently hiring an experienced Nurse Practitioner (NP) to provide comprehensive medical care to patients at our LGBTQ+ primary health care center, Prism Health, http://www.prismhealth.org. The NP works autonomously and in collaboration with a variety of staff to diagnose and manage patients’ healthcare. The NP manages, coaches, evaluates, and disciplines employees under their direct supervision. The NP is an integral part of the clinic’s quality committee and will be involved in the preparation and application process for certification as a patient-centered medical home. The NP must be compassionate, self-confident, analytical, personable, and calm under pressure. This is a full-time position which reports to the Medical Director.
This individual will work at Prism Health, in SE Portland. Travel throughout the county as well as evening and weekend work are occasionally required, as well as participating in the on-call rotation.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program.
• Oregon licensure as a Nurse Practitioner with prescriptive authority.
• Certification: Member in good standing with the Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
• Seven (7) years in practice as a Nurse Practitioner
• Three (3) years or more experience in providing primary care
• Certification in CPR/BLS.
• Strong understanding of issues of particularly relevant to LGBTQ+ people
• Sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, chemical dependency and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community.
• Experience working in an electronic medical record.
• Exemplary customer service as well as written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong initiative & self-starter with the ability to effectively solve problems.
• Ability to work independently with accountability; exercise sound judgment and discretion.
• Successful experience working with ethnic, racial, economic and sexually diverse populations.
• Supervisory / Managerial training or experience
• Experience in Epic preferred
• Experience working with people living with HIV/AIDS and/or knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention issues
• Experience working with hard to reach communities (rural areas, high risk populations, etc.)
• Ability to cultivate and maintain professional relationships across a multicultural spectrum of organizations and professionals
• Previous experience with development and oversight of policies and procedures, preferably in a clinical or medical setting
• Willingness to accommodate provider services outside the normal business hours
• Experience working with Epic.
Compensation: Compensation begins at $104,000 annually, DOE; benefits include employer-paid health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution, 125C cafeteria savings plan; generous vacation and health leave benefits. Employer also provides malpractice insurance, continuing education allowance, and DEA fees.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following three documents:
1) a complete cover letter (attached as Word or pdf) that serves as an example of your writing and addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications specific to the position you are applying for,
2) your resume, and
3) a completed CAP Employment application (available at http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/) to:
Cascade AIDS Project
Nurse Practitioner Position
520 NW Davis St., Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Or by email to:
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Complete details: http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/