Post Date: 03/20/2019
Close Date: 05/10/2019
Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to supporting and empowering all people living with or affected by HIV, reducing stigma, and providing the LGBTQ+ community with compassionate healthcare. Learn more about us at http://www.cascadeaids.org/.
CAP is seeking motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Development Associate. The Development Associate is a critical part of the overall Development Team at CAP. Core areas of focus for the Associate include data systems management and donor communications, all based on fundraising best practices. This is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring development professional.
Responsibilities: Data management will include data entry, analysis, tracking, and report creation utilizing multiple software platforms. Donor communications includes donor thank-you letters along with correspondence with donors regarding financial information and questions. In addition, the Development Associate will liaise with, and provide support to the Marketing & Communications Coordinator, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, Development Manager, and Director of Development.
The person in this position is stationed in the CAP main office in NW Portland. Evening and weekend work is occasionally required. This is a non-management, union-represented position.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills for interface by phone and at events of agency supporters, donors, clients, and volunteers
• Ability to research and resolve financial/donor discrepancies with diplomacy and accuracy
• Proficiency with mail merges, data import/export, mailing list generation and processing
• Proficiency with financial reconciliation and donation tracking
• High computer proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Highly organized and able to track and manage multiple projects simultaneously; including ability to prioritize work projects and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Ability to work under pressure and maintain positive and professional demeanor
• Willingness to learn multiple aspects of the Development profession
• Must be available to work evening and weekends
• Two years of experience supporting non-profit fundraising efforts via donor management and/or major events
• Donor data base management
• Proficiency with auction management software (such as Greater Giving) including registration and payment processing
• Experience with event management and experience coordinating guest reservation for large events and managing related logistics
• Experience working with small and medium donors, managing the donor relationship, and tracking individual donations
• Working knowledge and experience configuring web based “thon” (friends-asking-friends) donation platforms
Day to Day Operations
The Development Associate duties are as follows:
DATA MANAGEMENT & DONOR RELATIONS– 80%
• Serves as point-person for agency on Constituent Record Management (CRM) platform including tracking of financial data, reconciliation of donations with agency accounting department, provision of support and training for staff and volunteers in its use and ensuring protection of data
• Acts as point person between CAP and 3rd Party systems, including AIDS Walk Portland and Art Auction
• Ensure timely input of all donor gifts into the CRM; oversee gratitude messaging, process donor thank-you notes and generate related reports as scheduled and/or requested
• Assist in data analysis of donor data with eye towards noting trends; assisting with fundraising goal development; creating reports as requested and with input on data set parameters
• Ensure consistent review, update, and cleaning processes of CRM to support complete and accurate information on all constituents
• Manage and maintain Development applications and service-provider subscriptions to ensure uninterrupted workflow
• Oversees the Art-intake process, coordinating the space and securing art storage, as well as accurate record keeping for donated art from the drop-off, throughout the auction process, and finally to acknowledgment
• Secures restaurant donations for the Art Auction After Party
ADMINISTRATIVE – 20%
• Coordinate and oversee list generation and data management for emailing and mailing processes
• Respond to donor inquiries, requests, complaints, tax-deduction clarifications and other issues
• Assist Development Team as needed and requested
• Is the back-up coverage along with Volunteer Resources Coordinator and Development Assistant for Reception on a daily/weekly basis
• Other duties as assigned
Compensation: $41,500 annually, plus employer-paid health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution, 125C cafeteria savings plan; generous vacation and health leave benefits.
NOTE: This is a union represented position.
Closing Date: April 8, 2019.
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following three documents:
1) a complete cover letter (attached as Word or pdf) that serves as an example of your writing and addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications specific to the position you are applying for, 2) your resume, and 3) a completed CAP Employment application
(application available at http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/) to:
Cascade AIDS Project
520 NW Davis St., Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Or by email to:
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Complete details: http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/