Post Date: 12/23/2019
Close Date: 01/20/2020
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for a Programmer with Mainframe experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
What you will do!
As a Programmer, you will work closely with the team lead and other senior-level and mid-level individuals. You will be assigned small programming and/or testing tasks in support of small-to-medium sized systems requests from the business.
In this role, your work will be reviewed by the team lead or other senior-level technicians. You will support the Aged and People with Disabilities (APD) and Developmental Disabilities (DD) Programs within the Department of Human Services (DHS).
What's in it for you?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.
What we are looking for:
• (a) Three (3) years of information systems experience in Mainframe Technologies. OR (b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND One (1) year of information systems experience in Mainframe Technologies. OR (c) A Bachelor’s degree to higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
• Significant knowledge of Mainframe applications and processes.
• Knowledge of relational database techniques related to application development.
• Knowledge of Mainframe environments using COBOL and structured programming techniques.
• Education, training and/or experience in CICS, TSO, Easytrieve VASAM and/or DB2.
• Ability to create and leverage test databases and files in DB2 and VSAM.
• Ability to learn and utilize TOAD.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in creating and maintaining a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity among team members and the people we serve.