Post Date: 10/04/2019
Close Date: 11/08/2019
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
NURSING SERVICES PROGRAM MANAGER
We have two Nursing Services Program Manager openings: Non-Secure Residential and Secure Residential. The Non-Secure position is a full time position at 40 hours per week, with the incumbent's home base being at Cascadia's administration building in NE Portland. The schedule is Tuesday through Friday, 7:30 am to 6:00 pm. The Secure Residential position is a full time position at 40 hours per week, working out of Cascadia's secure residential treatment facilities, two in NE Portland and one in SE Portland. The schedule is Monday through Thursday, daytime business hours.
Under General Direction the Nursing Services Program Manager coordinates supervision and ongoing support for nursing staff, while supporting a Trauma Informed Care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the Nursing Services Program Manager understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. The Nursing Services Program Manager is associated with Cascadia’s integration of primary and behavioral health efforts participates in the oversight of care coordination, care management, and development/expansion of integrated programs.
- Non-Secure Residential: A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university.
- Secure Residential: A Bachelors in Nursing or an Associates in Nursing from an accredited college or university.
- An active, unencumbered Oregon Registered Nurse License.
- CPR/First Aid Certification.
- A minimum of two years of clinical experience providing inpatient or outpatient services is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical conditions, medications, and the contexts of care most commonly encountered by people with a severe and persistent mental illness
- Understanding of the physiological basis for the nursing care delivered
- Proficiency in using computers and technology (including EMR software)
- Enter and retrieve data
- Prepare simple reports
- Non-Secure Residential: Possess a valid driver’s license, three-year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course.
- Secure Residential: Ability to commute to various Cascadia sites and community locations as needed
- The Nursing Manager must have the ability to lead the team in providing safety to all residents and staff in potentially volatile situations. If working in a secure setting, when the need arises staff may be asked to perform non-violent physical interventions, holds, and physical transport of individuals to seclusion rooms, or apply mechanical restraints, as well as physical assistance for clients who may have some mobility issues.
Cascadia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, or age.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)