Post Date: 11/05/2019
Close Date: 12/07/2019
The Nursing Skills Lab & Simulation Assistant is responsible for supporting the clinical nursing skills laboratory and simulation activities, including preparation for student instruction under the direction of the nursing faculty. The Nursing Skills Lab Assistant will assist with lab responsibilities as determined by the Skills Lab Faculty. This includes, but is not limited to, maintenance and inventory updates, promotion of safe lab practices, assisting with clinical simulations, lab supplies, technology support, and serving as a back-up for the nursing faculty.
Concordia University is a private, Christian university. Concordia University reserves the right to give preference in employment based on religion in order to further the Lutheran objectives of the University and the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage Clinical Nursing Activities within the Skills Lab
· Assist with set-up, ongoing restocking of supplies, and take-down of lab activities under the direction of the nursing faculty and/or skills lab and simulation faculty.
· Provide assistance to faculty and/or students in the clinical lab and simulation setting.
2. Serve as Clinical Resource for Lab Compliance
· Adheres to CCNE and Concordia University teaching principles.
· Assists with clinical lab and simulation policies and procedures.
3. Maintain Clinical Skills Lab · Ensures that lab is clean, safe, and organized.
· Promotes safe lab practices.
· Coordinates maintenance and repair of clinical equipment.
· Conducts quarterly equipment inventories.
· Maintains par levels of clinical lab supplies.
4. Other Duties as Assigned by the Associate Dean & Assistant Dean of Nursing or Lab & Simulation Faculty.
Scope of Work
· Work is reviewed by other nursing faculty. Work is performed according to program procedures and policies.
· Classroom, lab, simulation and office environment.
Minimum Physical Requirements
· Able to tolerate prolonged standing and repetitive walking, 1 to 3 hours at a time.
· Must be able to move manikins, assemble and disassemble manikins.
· Must be able to unload shipments of supplies and equipment, lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs at a time on a frequent basis.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
· Baccalaureate in Nursing required (B.S.N.). Masters in nursing preferred.
· Within two years of hire, if you do not already have your MSN, you must be actively enrolled in a Master’s program
· Licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in Oregon
· 2+ years’ experience of recent clinical experience as a registered nurse
· Current BLS for Healthcare Providers
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
· Excellent teamwork, communication, and organizational skills.
· Self-directed with the ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities on a daily basis.
· Basic Microsoft Office computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
· Ability to provide clinical skills instruction support under the direction of the clinical faculty.
· Ability to meet Concordia University technical standards.
· Ability to assist in low, medium, and high fidelity simulations.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must maintain a positive, respectful and cooperative attitude and demeanor.
· Able to maintain confidentiality and handle confidential information with good judgement, discretion and tact.
Attitude and demeanor of all Concordia University employees: As part of a work environment that highly values Christian education, educational excellence and service to students, all members of the community will:
· Publicly support the mission of Concordia University.
· Communicate effectively with warmth, sensitivity, and understanding as s/he deals with administrative colleagues, teachers, students, parents, faculty, college personnel and program associates.
· Work as a team member in a professional environment.
· Possess a “service attitude” (willingness to be flexible to meet the needs of the department).
· Have a professional physical appearance (appropriate clothing, personal hygiene, etc.).