Post Date: 01/17/2019
Close Date: 04/01/2019
Working at Lewis & Clark College
The campus is located on 137 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds in Portland’s southwest hills. Our strong commitment to sustainability is reinforced through recycling programs, energy conservation, alternative transportation options, and farm to fork initiatives. For benefit-eligible positions, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes options for health, dental, vision, tuition, life insurance, retirement and more.
Lewis & Clark College is committed to achieving a diverse workforce. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or age.
Administrative Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to the Facilities Department. Responsibilities includes managing the CMMS system, processing work order requests, maintaining key inventory and systems, critical analysis of priority maintenance related to safety and asset management, maintaining and creating work order reports, interacting with customers and vendors to provide information in response to inquiries. This position is also responsible for organizing planned maintenance with departments on all three campuses.
What You'll Do
Primary responsibility for managing online Computerized Maintenance Management System, CMMS aka Work Order System, assigning work orders, actively checking that work is being done on time and information is accurately recorded. Prepare monthly reports, analyzing work order activity.
* Reviews all requests for completeness, evaluates and prioritizes based on level of urgency related to safety and asset management; assigns requests to appropriate Trade; ensures all requests are dispatch in a timely manner.
* Tracks all emergency and urgent requests to make sure they are being addressed in a timely manner. Follow up with users to make sure they are satisfied. Report miss-use of emergency and urgent requests.
* Coordinates requests specifically related to pest control, fire alarms, and elevator maintenance. Works directly with vendors providing these services to ensure requests are completed in a timely manner. Interacts with Campus Safety regarding unlocked doors, intrusion and fire alarms and other safety related issues.
*Maintains Work Order system by adding employees, users, room and building information, and documents.
*Reviews work order system for work completed and closed work orders. Trouble shoot areas that are not performing.
*In order to collect meaningful data, it is important that staff properly respond and close work orders in the same way. This person will maintain a Work Order user manual and train new employees on the use of the work order system. Frequently reviews how the system is being used and provides additional training. A thorough understanding of the system is necessary.
*Reporting – Design and implement reporting required by management. Look for trends and report on a regular schedule. Use external databases, excel charts, etc.
*Maintains CMMS system and trouble shoot issues with users. Works with software vendor and IT for fixes as needed.
*Help establish and train users on the mobile work order system.
Maintain complete coverage of desk, phones and CMMS system during open hours. Arrange back-up coverage as needed to cover.
Answers phones and directs callers to appropriate trades; identifies and analyzes emergency calls to dispatch personnel appropriately; provides response to community inquiries on status of work orders; answers questions from vendors, students and other visitors to Facilities Services.
Manages keys and access cards available for check-out.
* Logs all keys and access cards checked out to employees and vendors as requested
* Monitors and updates key log and ensures that keys are returned by the end of the day and any necessary keys are with Campus Safety for vendors completing weekend work.
* Performs periodic inventory and checks for missing cards and keys. Missing cards are reported to campus safety and disabled. Missing keys are reported to manager and determination is made on course of action.
* Manages Traka system and software. Sets up new employees, maintains access levels for critical keys.
Maintains and On-Call Supervisor information and assigns weekly schedule. Performs the phone switch over every Monday to the new Supervisor on-call.
Sorts and distributes mail. Signs for vendor deliveries, identifies who they belong to and ensures packages are delivered to the right person. Arranges for fork-lift or needed man-power for larger deliveries.
Maintains and updates Department Website on a frequent basis. Reports on current projects.
Works with PubCom to publicize any significant event that may impact the community as a whole.
Notifies departments when our work may impact their building. Develops and updates a call/email list by department/building of key people that need immediate notification.
Orders routine office signage and produces Construction Informational signs
Prints and distributes weekly schedule of campus events to assist Events Preparation team
Manages the Safety Bingo drawings and payment to winner(s).
Responsible for acquiring, accumulating, coordinating all information data submitted to Sightlines for yearly report.
Ensures Facilities buildings and gates have been closed and locked at end of day.
Ensures office equipment operating properly.
Orders supplies for safety/first aid kit.
Assists Transportation and Parking with counter traffic and phone support.
Provides back-up support for accounts payable admin. Processing invoices and P-card transactions in her absence.
Other duties and projects as assigned by department managers.
Ability to honor and work with all identities and individuals, particularly those who are underrepresented in the country and/or at Lewis & Clark College.
* Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree
* 2 (BA) or 4 (AA) years of directly related administrative experience with an emphasis on customer service and support, data analysis, and strong computer savvy.
* Strong spreadsheet and database skills.
* Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
* Requires diligence, perseverance, excellent communication skills.
Nice to Haves
* Previous experience with a CMMS or other database systems
* Knowledge of facilities operations
* Strong interpersonal skills and experience with difficult customer service situations.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize activities and problem solve.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* 37.5 hours per week
* Benefits Eligible: Yes
* $20.76 per hour
* Standing, sitting, walking, repetitive hand movements (e.g., typing), seeing, talking, hearing
The College explicitly acknowledges and affirms its conviction that diversity with respect to race, ethnicity, national origin, socio-economic background, religious orientation or spirituality, physical or sensory disability, gender, and sexual orientation on the Lewis & Clark campus provides an educational benefit for all students that can be realized only if students and education professionals from diverse backgrounds are present in significant numbers within our learning community. In creating and sustaining such a community, we engage, to the extent possible, in practices that will ensure a high degree of diversity on our campus, simultaneously meeting the highest standards of academic excellence of which we are capable.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Lewis & Clark College will conduct a background check on the finalist, which will include a criminal record check. If a conviction is discovered, a determination will be made whether the conviction is related to the position for which the individual is applying or would present safety or security risks before an employment decision is made. A criminal conviction does not necessarily automatically bar an applicant from employment.
Eligibility to Work
In order to comply with US Homeland Security Department regulations, all employees must complete an I-9 form in Workday prior to or no later than the first day of work and bring originals (no photocopies) of their supporting documentation to Human Resources no later than the 3rd business day of employment. Failure to have a completed I-9 form on file with the College will result in immediate termination of employment.