Post Date: 06/28/2019
Close Date: 07/22/2019
As our active transportation liaison, you will play a key role ensuring that projects in Region 1 are a sound multi-modal investment in the future of our transportation infrastructure. Our employees work on projects that challenge the industry standard and that give back to our communities. We are currently working on projects that address gaps identified in our Active Transportation Needs Inventory and from the recent transportation package, HB2017.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
- Lead and manage planning activities for a long, medium and short-range active transportation program.
- Coordinate with statewide bicycle and pedestrian, safe routes to school, transportation options, transit and multimodal planning efforts and initiatives.
- Lead the coordination and tracking of incoming Sidewalks Improvement Program funding requests.
- Provide intergovernmental and community relations recommendations to region management.
- Conduct outreach and communicate/network with external stakeholders in the metro area primarily focused on issues related to active transportation.
- Participate in scoping Statewide Transportation Improvement Program projects and make recommendations.
- Review designs and technical work and coordinate technical responses.
- Research innovative treatments and policy initiatives for active transportation projects and help refine projects.
- Educate and coordinate with staff members, partners and the public related to active transportation.
- Lead, design and manage collaborative efforts with stakeholders, local government staff and elected officials.
- Advise local governments and other stakeholders on state policy requirements and standards.
- Work is performed in an office environment with occasional work outdoors at project sites.
- Moderate overtime required, including occasional evening and weekend work.
- Moderate amounts of travel may be required, including limited out-of-state travel.
What we need:
A bachelor's degree in business or public administration, behavioral or social sciences, finance, political science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and four years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to seven years of experience that typically supports the knowledge and skills for the classification.
Additionally, driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position.
Learn more and apply!
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on July 22, 2019.
Visit www.odotjobs.com and search for REQ-15095 to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email odotrecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.