Post Date: 07/01/2019
Close Date: 07/31/2019
PORTLAND BUSINESS ALLIANCE
POSITION: Coordinator, Administration
DEPARTMENT: Downtown Services/Member Services
REPORTS TO: VP, Downtown Services/Director, Member Services
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Full-time
The Portland Business Alliance, a 501(c)(6) organization, is the Greater Portland Chamber of Commerce and the leading voice for business in the region. The Alliance advocates for business at all levels of government to support commerce, community health and the region’s overall prosperity. We also offer a variety of networking events and professional development opportunities to connect and foster growth in our region’s business community.
Provides administrative support for the Downtown Services department, Membership Services program support and front desk support.
Administrative Support: Downtown Services department and Member Services
• Provide administrative support to Member Services and Downtown Services department staff.
• Set up and assist with committee and board meetings, including:
o Send meeting notice, agenda, minutes and other documents as needed.
o Collect RSVP’s and call through committee list to boost attendance if needed.
o Print meeting materials and compile packets for attendees.
o Room preparation: AV set-up, coffee and water, and ordering of catering.
o Produce table tents when needed
o Take meeting minutes when needed.
• Maintain committee member lists and update in EMMA.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
Program Support: Member Services
• Assists with collateral, report and document preparation as assigned.
• Oversees routine member correspondence via email and phone.
• Manages event calendars for membership team.
• Provides reporting and member updates to supervisor as requested.
• Tracks member referrals and lead distribution.
• Updates and maintains accurate database information.
• Assists in new member recruitment, including prospect research and answering new member inquiries.
• Assists with current member engagement; corresponds with members to ensure satisfaction.
• Support Director Member Services with trade agreements.
Front Desk Support and Office Management
• Handle incoming phone calls, including informational inquiries.
• Respond to written and email informational inquiries or forward to appropriate staff.
• Receive and direct visitors to appropriate department.
• Process incoming and outgoing mail.
• Process certificate of origin requests in person and online.
• Processes incoming checks and cash through accounting procedures.
• Maintain appropriate inventory levels and process orders for office supplies.
• Maintain office appearance and organization including kitchen and workroom maintenance.
• Maintain conference room scheduling.
• Provide administrative support to all staff and programing as needed and other duties as assigned by President & CEO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Excellent computer skills and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Proficiency with ChamberMaster or other database program.
• Cultural competency and ability to work with various community and industry representatives.
• Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
• 2-4 years of relevant work experience; college degree preferred but relevant work experience acceptable.
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
A well-organized self-starter with the ability to multi-task and handle a wide variety of tasks, including project management tasks in a timely manner, while maintaining a courteous and professional manner.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Occasionally that requirement may be higher.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and, at all times, is within safe OSHA decibel constraints.
The Portland Business Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.