Post Date: 10/08/2019
Close Date: 10/22/2019
Is your background with Medicaid/Medicare programs? Do you have experience with SAS and SQL? Does your experience include health systems related research? Come apply and join our team!
The Oregon Health Authority – the Health Policy & Analytics (HPA) Division is currently recruiting for a Business Intelligence Analyst (Research Analyst 2). This position supports higher level research analysts by analyzing integrated data, refreshing and downloading reports and ensuring version control. The position addresses systemic health disparities and health equity.
What you will do!
You will perform a variety of research activities and tasks that assist in the completion and production of reports and grant applications. You will collect and enter data, prepare tables, graphs and charts in Excel and Power Query. Additional software experience with Power BI, SharePoint or Tableau is highly sought.
The ideal candidate will rely heavily on their knowledge and experience with:
• Medicaid programs, behavioral health treatment services, medical billing, coding and terminology;
• Health related research such as health care delivery, health care expenditure, health outcomes;
• Skype to collaborate on research tasks;
• Programming and/or statistical software such as SAS or SQL, MS Access or Power Query;
• Writing reports, summaries and fact sheets.
What we are looking for!
• A Bachelor's degree in any discipline that included six-quarter units in statistics or quantitative analysis methods and procedures; OR Three years of experience as a research assistant comparable to the work of a Research Analyst 1; or two years of experience using computer applications to help gather, compile, analyze, and report information and statistical data;
• 3 years of experience working with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of statistical software and data visualization;
• Experience or training with Power Query, Power BI, SharePoint and/or Tableau software.
• Experience communicating with Skype software;
• Experience in advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations.
Preference will be given for:
• Experience and/or demonstrated knowledge of Medicaid programs, behavioral health treatment services, medical billing, coding and/or terminology;
• Experience with statistical software packages and programming languages such as SAS and SQL;
• Experience with health survey research, health outcomes research, health care delivery systems research, or experience using health care expenditure, utilization and quality assurance data;
• Experience and demonstrated knowledge of best practices in collecting, analyzing and disseminating granular data on race, ethnicity, language, disability, and sexual orientation/gender identity.
To Apply - Complete an online application at this link: