Post Date: 11/23/2018
Close Date: 12/15/2018
Full Time, Full Benefits
1 Open Position – Shelter
2 Open Positions – Staff Secured
This position oversees the daily management of the milieu and community settings. Milieu Supervisor provides leadership and training of milieu staff, and support and supervision of clients in our residential youth programs. The youth, typically from Latin America and occasionally other countries reside in our residential program while they await family reunification or other placement options. Our Milieu Supervisors lead and collaborate with other milieu staff to ensure that program is providing the youth with skill building, education, leisure activities, medical services and development of pro-social behaviors.
As a Milieu Supervisor you’ll lead and guide milieu staff by:
• Ensuring all staff are trained as stated in guidelines for program, agency and grant requirements
• Providing supervision and performance evaluations following agency protocol and policy
You’ll help ensure our clients are care for by:
• Planning and coordinating the milieu schedule and milieu events to ensure the safety and security of youth in the program
• Participating in the development of behavior plans; and collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team such case management, clinical, education, medical, etc.,
As a Milieu Supervisor you’ll receive:
• Mentorship career growth from program leadership
• Resources, and training on various, but relevant topics designed to help you acquire more knowledge and enhance your skill set
The ideal candidate will be able to lead and communicate effectively, and model appropriate professional boundaries. They will have a strong understanding or willingness to learn program policy and procedures. Given the dynamic environment in any residential facility, its crucial for Milieu staff to maintain composure; while simultaneously being able to manage, redirect and de-escalate stressful situations. We value team work and shared collaboration.
Shelter (MS-158): Our shelter is well equipped to comfortably care and provide support for up to 50 youth at a time. Through our residential facility, the youth have access to education, and mental health services onsite. The program serves adolescent boys and girls, (11 – 17 years of age) The youth primarily arrive from Latin American countries, occasionally from other countries such as South East Asia, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Shift Schedule: Wednesday-Saturday 7am – 5:30pm
Staff Secure (MS-152): Is a 16- bed residential facility for adolescent males. The program maintains stricter security measures, such as higher staff to client ratio for supervision. This placement is for youth who require close supervision but do not need placement in a secure facility.
Shift Schedule: Wednesday-Saturday 7am-5:30pm or Wednesday-Saturday 12:30pm-11pm
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• At least 21 years of age
• High School Diploma
• One year experience working with youth.
• One year experience supervising employees, or one year experience in a leadership role in a residential setting.
• Basic computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, databases and Outlook
• Basic knowledge of office equipment
• Bi-lingual in Spanish and English, written, read and verbal strongly preferred
• ORR experience
• Residential experience
• Knowledge of Federal, State and agency regulations.
• Knowledge of adolescent developmental issues, trauma, abuse and neglect, substance abuse and dependence, delinquency, peer influence, and related group and individual interventions.
• Pass a DHS criminal history background
• Must meet agency’s driving requirement
• Language testing, if applicable
Starting Pay Rate:
Pay range: $18.87-$19.30
Bilingual pay range: $19.82 – $20.29
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for all of our clients
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code for the program which you are applying to in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter
Staff Secure (MS-152), Shelter (MS-158)
Indicate that you’re applying for the “Milieu Supervisor” position
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://www.morrisonkids.org/job/milieusupervisor/