Post Date: 03/23/2020
Close Date: 04/30/2020
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Req: 1174
The Case Manager is responsible for assessing the needs of each assigned child in care (ages 12-17) and primarily focuses on safe and efficient reunification with family members. The Case Manager completes extensive paperwork required by the contract, conducts screenings and assessments, and works with all external partners involved, including government agencies and consulate officials. Position works out of Portland, Oregon
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains case file documentation in accordance with ORR requirements
• Adheres to confidentiality standards set forth, when gathering, documenting, consulting or consolidating information necessary for the case management assessment and the plan of care
• Ensures regular contact with each child’s family when possible, and established service providers to communicate case planning and progress
• Gather historical and current data relative to completion of a comprehensive case management assessment including, but not limited to, school records, medical records, mental health treatment, legal status and court involvement, social and family strengths and needs, support systems, and specific cultural issues
About the Program:
PASO mid- level security (staff -secure) residential facility for adolescent boys. The youth are primarily from Latin American countries and occasionally from other areas of the world. They reside in our care, living in a 16- bed residential facility. Our program is designed to help the youth, by creating a secure and therapeutic environment in which the youth, learn the necessary skills to be self-sufficient. Through our residential facility, the youth have access to education, and mental health services onsite; while they are waiting reunification with family, a sponsor or the next steps in their immigration case. To ensure the safety of the minors in the program, we maintain stricter security measures, such as higher staff to client ratio for supervision. This placement is for youth who require close supervision but do not need placement in a secure facility. Must be comfortable working with potentially adjudicated youth.
Education and Work Experience:
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
Bachelor’s degree in the behavioral sciences, human services or social services fields
Must be able communicate effectively in Spanish with government and consulate officials
• Child welfare and/or case management experience is strongly encouraged.
• Pass a DHS criminal history background
• Meet agency driving requirements.
• Travel between program locations
• Language testing, if applicable
This position requires ORR approval; exceptions to the minimum qualifications require ORR’s explicit written approval prior to hire and ORR may require supervision plans and additional training.
Starting Pay Rate:
Bilingual (Spanish) Case Manager: $20.33 - $21.64
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through Indeed.com or Glassdoor go to: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Case Manager- PASO” and click: “Apply for Job”
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/bilingual-case-manager-paso/