Post Date: 08/09/2019
Close Date: 09/30/2019
Are you looking for a chance to make a difference every day? Would you like to work one-on-one with people who experience developmental disabilities?
If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect job for you! At UCP, we get to know our clients’ life goals and supports utilizing a person-centered approach. We empower them to develop their self-advocacy abilities because we believe in the power of assisting the folks we serve to make informed and independent choices, develop deeper connections within the community, and actualize personal goals. Our dedicated staff provide exceptional care and services making UCP Oregon rank as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits Employers in Oregon.
We’re currently seeking a “Supported Living Specialist” who will help adults who experience developmental disabilities to live independently in their own houses and apartments. You’ll get to help them make their own choices, learn awesome new skills, and do fun activities in the community. Some folks will need help with chores, and a few people will need assistance to shower or use the bathroom. You’ll work one-on-one, so you’ll have the time to build real relationships.
Your schedule will be Monday through Friday, generally from 8am to 5:30pm. In addition, quarterly, you may be asked to attend a training or meet with your supervisor during the week.
This is a great job for people who want to gain experience in the fields of social services, social justice, non-profits, and healthcare… and for anyone who’s looking for a long-term career. Be proud of where you work! Come join UCP Oregon.
• $13.89 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• 3 weeks of paid time off, rising incrementally to 4 weeks after 5 years of service.
• 8 paid holidays off per year.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Mileage reimbursement.
• Partial cell phone reimbursement.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Be able to transport clients in your car: be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a current driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least three years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Be able to pass a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
• Experience in developmental disability field preferred but not required.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Supported Living Specialist (Monday-Friday)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.workable.com/j/D59ED40CEE