Post Date: 04/18/2019
Close Date: 05/17/2019
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt in Portland has an immediate opening in its Docketing department for a full time Docketing Specialist. The specialist will handle calendaring in a wide array of practices, with a primary focus on litigation docketing. The position, which reports to the Docketing Supervisor, offers the opportunity to work in a fast paced, challenging, and friendly environment.
Examples of Duties:
• Enter dated events into the firm’s docketing software (CompuLaw).
• Update and/or remove outdated docketed events as necessary.
• Review and verify information prior to input into docketing software.
• Apply knowledge of court rules to analyze court documents and incoming docket requests to determine appropriate calendaring.
• Provide docket reports on a scheduled and as-needed basis.
• Perform research of court rules and communicate findings with legal staff as requested.
• Maintain record of work performed in the firm’s document management system.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• At least two years of experience working in a legal services environment (preferably litigation, ideally litigation docketing).
• Knowledge of Oregon civil court rules, USDC-OR, bankruptcy, appellate, and other state’s jurisdictions (especially Washington and California).
• Knowledge of CompuLaw or other docketing software a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Excellent computer and research skills, including data entry and online court rules research.
• Proven attention to detail and accuracy, coupled with strong organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants, management, and co-workers.
• Highly dependable with ability to provide excellent customer service under continuous workload and daily deadlines.
• Two years of college or a combination of education and experience that ensures the ability to perform the job.
Interested and qualified candidates should direct their cover letter and resume to the Docketing Supervisor at Recruiting@schwabe.com.
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt provides a team-oriented working environment, offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits including medical, dental, life, LTD, 401(k)/profit sharing retirement, tuition reimbursement, EAP, transit subsidy, and paid time off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other status protected by law.
Complete details: https://www.schwabe.com/careers-professionals