Post Date: 09/10/2019
Close Date: 10/13/2019
Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve the customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas, Avista and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. In 2017, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a culturally attentive organization by reaching out to diverse candidates who will contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services to best serve, reach and reflect the rich diversity of the customers we serve.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This position offers emerging professionals in the field of marketing communications an opportunity to contribute to the design, execution and evaluation of marketing campaigns and ongoing activities. The Marketing Intern—Programs will work directly with the Marketing Manager and Marketing Project Managers to help execute and monitor two integrated marketing campaigns, one targeted to consumer audiences and the other to small businesses. The intern will also support Energy Trust’s ongoing efforts to enhance its digital content strategy and social media activities. Specific activities may include performing administrative tasks related to the campaign, coordinating with external creative agencies and contractors, reviewing creative and routing it for internal approval, creating content and other tasks as required. This position may appeal to undergraduate or graduate students pursuing a degree in marketing, communications, advertising, PR or related fields.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work directly with the marketing strategy leads for each campaign to ensure creative development and campaign monitoring remain on schedule
• Review creative submissions to ensure they align with brand guidelines and quality standards
• Route creative submissions for internal review and approval
• Coordinate with creative agency, digital media buyers and internal staff to track and report on campaign performance
• Produce digital content such as social media posts and blog articles
• Coordinate with internal web team to design and update campaign pages
• Work with outside vendors and agencies as needed to schedule activities such as video and photo shoots
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program, or recently graduated (within 1 year)
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Familiarity and experience in all or some of the following areas: integrated marketing and brand strategy, campaign planning and creative ideation, digital analytics, digital content development, social media management and monitoring
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds
• Able to work on and manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient in data entry and general computer use, Microsoft CRM systems, SharePoint and other database applications
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook is preferred
• Experience with Adobe Acrobat is preferred (not required)
• Experience with event planning or meeting organization is preferred (not required)
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this internship. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
• This is a temporary, part-time internship, 20-30 hours per week that is not to exceed 1,000 total hours worked
• Compensation is $18 per hour
• This position is not eligible for company benefits
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application (found on Energy Trust’s website www.energytrust.org/About/careers) to email@example.com.
Attn: Marketing Intern – Programs
Energy Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity and inclusion
in the workplace. www.energytrust.org/about/careers/
Complete details: https://www.energytrust.org/about/careers/