Post Date: 05/15/2019
Close Date: 07/01/2019
Working at Lewis & Clark College
The campus is located on 137 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds in Portland’s southwest hills. Our strong commitment to sustainability is reinforced through recycling programs, energy conservation, alternative transportation options, and farm to fork initiatives. For benefit-eligible positions, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes options for health, dental, vision, tuition, life insurance, retirement and more.
Lewis & Clark College is committed to achieving a diverse workforce. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or age.
This position is responsible for managing annual fund direct mail and email campaigns, including collaborating with Director to develop segmentation strategies, concepts, and themes, oversee production, carry out email and direct mail campaigns, order and review lists, analyze past giving data, and work with outside vendors. Responsible for web copy/content on the Annual Giving website.
What You'll Do
* Manage direct mail and email program: procure stories and signatures, draft and/or edit letters and emails for review by Public Relations and Communications, work with mail house on pricing and scheduling, work with Advancement Services to order and analyze lists, and track and analyze results
* Collaborate with director on strategy, segmentation, themes.
* Develop, implement and manage the use of social media in fund-raising for the institution.
* Analyze data to develop strategy and create new proposals for segmentation and themes.
* Work with outside vendors like mail houses.
* Oversee mailings.
* Assist as needed at events, which may include occasional evening and weekend work.
* Bachelor's degree in Communications and/or Media Studies
* 2 years persuasive writing experience or equivalent
* Social Media expertise, Data Analytics, Project management, Writing fundraising appeals, HTML, Word, Excel, Raiser's Edge.
Nice to Haves
* 3 years fundraising or marketing experience
* Experience working with Law School staff and/or students
* 37.5 hours per week
* Benefits Eligible: Yes
* Commensurate with experience
* The job works primarily at a desk or is otherwise involved in activities requiring little lifting, climbing or working in tiring positions
* Bending, climbing (stairs), standing, sitting, walking, grasping/gripping, pinching/squeezing, reaching, pushing/pulling, repetitive hand movements (e.g., typing), seeing, talking, hearing
The College explicitly acknowledges and affirms its conviction that diversity with respect to race, ethnicity, national origin, socio-economic background, religious orientation or spirituality, physical or sensory disability, gender, and sexual orientation on the Lewis & Clark campus provides an educational benefit for all students that can be realized only if students and education professionals from diverse backgrounds are present in significant numbers within our learning community. In creating and sustaining such a community, we engage, to the extent possible, in practices that will ensure a high degree of diversity on our campus, simultaneously meeting the highest standards of academic excellence of which we are capable.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Lewis & Clark College will conduct a background check on the finalist, which will include a criminal record check. If a conviction is discovered, a determination will be made whether the conviction is related to the position for which the individual is applying or would present safety or security risks before an employment decision is made. A criminal conviction does not necessarily automatically bar an applicant from employment.
Eligibility to Work
In order to comply with US Homeland Security Department regulations, all employees must complete an I-9 form in Workday prior to or no later than the first day of work and bring originals (no photocopies) of their supporting documentation to Human Resources no later than the 3rd business day of employment. Failure to have a completed I-9 form on file with the College will result in immediate termination of employment.