Post Date: 02/13/2019
Close Date: 06/30/2019
Position Summary: The delivery driver is responsible for delivering client grocery orders to their homes within the greater Portland area.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate, on-time delivery of groceries to clients in the Store to Door program following all food safety standards and Store to Door procedures
- Pick up pre-shopped groceries from designated store
- Ensure accurate delivery of grocery orders to clients
- Assist clients with unloading groceries as needed
- Assist with shopping for client orders as needed
- Review delivered items for accuracy of client orders and collect client payments
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Knowledge:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
Skills, Abilities & Experience:
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license and insurance required to perform job duties
- Strong organizational, record keeping, time management and multi-tasking skills including the ability to set priorities and be flexible to last-minute changes
- Ability to work in a team environment and effectively communicate with diverse populations including minority, low income and persons with disabilities
- Ability to repetitively move 25lbs; routinely move grocery totes from one location to another and from various heights in preparation of and for the completion of grocery
delivery; ability to ascend stairs and move around on city sidewalks
- Knowledge of and passion for senior services
- Must pass criminal background check
- Any satisfactory combination of experience, training and/or education which ensures the ability to perform the work may substitute for the above qualifications.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Fast paced, with significant people interaction. May be required to move up to 50lbs, 25lbs repetitively and ability to frequently position self to stoop, bend and crouch. Sitting for short periods of time and typing. Must pass criminal background check.
Store to Door offers a variety of benefits and opportunities for advancement.
Commitment to Equity:
Store to Door strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBT individuals, those with disabilities, and those with working class backgrounds to apply. We are
working toward a comprehensive equity and diversity plan and are dedicated to improving outcomes for communities of color and other under-served populations.
- Complete Store to Door job application form located at Store to Door employment page
- No phone calls please
- Position open until filled