Post Date: 11/25/2019
Close Date: 12/13/2019
$65,000 - $75,000 per year
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is looking for a Senior Project Manager who will be responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating a wide range of complex projects at OMSI, from strategic planning priorities and exhibit development to capital projects. You will be responsible for building and managing project teams, reporting to project sponsors, and ensuring quality throughout the life of the project. In joining the OMSI team, you also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
OMSI is a center of excellence in science teaching and learning and a valued destination for the community. Founded in 1944, OMSI is ranked as one of the nation's top ten science museums and a world-class tourist attraction and educational resource that reaches 1 million people each year. The museum features five exhibit halls and eight science labs featuring hundreds of interactive exhibits and hands-on demonstrations, as well as residential camps and programs across the region. OMSI’s staff consists of 250-300 paid employees and 500 volunteers. They share a passion for our mission and believe deeply in partnering with communities across the region to achieve collective impact.
• Ability to effectively manage and track multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize, work well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy, and meet stringent and overlapping deadlines.
• Work as a senior resource to provide direction for others on the project, facilitate meetings, ensure milestones are aligned to project objectives, track project timelines, productivity, and resource allocation.
• Lead cross-functional development and implementation of best practices for project management organization-wide.
• Minimum 5 years of complex project management.
• Minimum 2 years of building and managing multidisciplinary teams.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
• Free OMSI annual membership
• Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – Valid for two free general admissions to 21 Oregon attractions.
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team.
To learn more or apply, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/397311.html.
Position closes December 13, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/397311.html