Post Date: 02/05/2019
Close Date: 02/19/2019
The mission of Dress for Success is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
Dress for Success Oregon (DFSO) helps women from all backgrounds, and we want our staff to experience what we want the women we support to experience in the workplace, to walk the walk. DFSO is currently in the midst of an equity journey. We are working with a consultant, taking a close look at our organization’s culture, policies and procedures to ensure we are being an inclusive and equitable organization. Please know that this project is challenging and rewarding, with the goal being a better workplace for all members of the team.
We are excited to be able to expand our services to the women of Marion, Polk, and Yamhill counties! Our new satellite office in Salem will be opening in February 2019 and we are looking for someone to help us start “from the ground up.”
The Satellite Manager serves as an essential link between DFSO and the Salem area and functions as a “gateway” to facilitate partnerships and services. This position is responsible for the daily operations of the Salem satellite office of DFSO, implementing DFSO programs, and outreach.
This is a full-time position paying $45,000/year + benefits. Some evening and weekend work is required.
• Manage day-to-day administrative activities of Dress for Success Oregon – Salem, including, but not limited to: scheduling and receiving clients and volunteers, and accepting donations.
• Ensure all DFSO – Salem program activities are planned, organized, and executed with high quality. This role will also directly facilitate program activities;
• Volunteers: build volunteer base by attending outreach events, recruit, train and onboard volunteers.
• Referring agencies: build a list of referring agencies by attending outreach events, establish and retain relationships with agency partners.
• Conduct outreach meeting and events to ensure local awareness of DFSO - Salem for recruitment and community support purposes;
• Purchase necessary furniture and office equipment.
• Secure contracts with vendors.
• Modify/create policies and procedures.
• Other duties, as assigned.
Required Education and Qualifications
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in non-profit program management, community outreach, or related field.
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience working with individuals from diverse and/or economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
• Excellent problem solving and judgment skills, high level of attention to detail and accuracy required.
• Experience working with automated databases.
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
• Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
• High comfort level working in a diverse environment.
• Successful completion of background check is required.
• SOME EVENING AND WEEKEND WORK REQUIRED
• Being a resident in Marion, Polk, or Yamhill counties, or familiarity with community based agencies in these areas is a plus.
What you’ll receive in return:
• A chance to make this new position your own.
• Being part of our community of people dedicated to empowering women and working in a collaborative environment within a supportive and passionate team.
• Knowing your work is helping our organization to change the lives of women and their families right here in Oregon.
• Insurance: health/dental insurance.
• Retirement: 401K, up to 3% match.
• PTO: 15 days of PTO annually, additional paid winter and summer breaks (1 week each), and a paid sabbatical after 5 years.
• Other benefits: short-term and long-term disability and life insurance.
How to apply:
Please email your resume and a cover letter that tells us why you’d be a great fit for this position in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, using “Satellite Store & Program Manager: Your Name” in the subject line.
Dress for Success Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace.