Post Date: 03/25/2020
Close Date: 05/29/2020
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is a premier Northwest regional law firm serving the needs of businesses in six primary industry groups including Technology, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Natural Resources, Real Estate and Construction, and Transportation, Ports and Maritime, with offices in Portland, Seattle, Anchorage, Vancouver, Bend, Eugene, Salem, and Mountain View, California.
Schwabe currently has an opening in its Portland, Oregon office for a junior-level land use attorney to join its Commercial Development & Natural Resources Department. The successful candidate will work with real estate, natural resource, and construction lawyers in a team-oriented approach. The ideal candidate will have:
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) Degree from an ABA-accredited law school
- 1-4 years of experience with land use matters, including:
- Research and review of development feasibility
- Appellate briefing
- Drafting land use applications
- Appearance at public hearings
- Preparing legal documents and agreements
- Preparing and filing motions and complaints
- Legislative tracking and analysis
- Excellent academic credentials and professional references, as well as solid legal research, analysis, writing, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ownership of projects and willingness to work in a team-oriented setting, but with significant independence
- Strong client service ethics
- Business development experience and strong interest in engaging in land use and/or natural resource industry groups
- Oregon State Bar admission or eligibility for reciprocity preferred
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt provides a team-oriented working environment with a competitive salary and benefits. Qualified candidates are encouraged to go to schwabe.com/careers-attorneys and click the "Current Openings" section to learn more and apply. Inquiries are maintained in the strictest of professional confidence.
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://www.schwabe.com/careers-attorneys