Post Date: 07/10/2019
Close Date: 07/27/2019
Central City Concern (CCC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency serving single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. Founded in 1979, the agency has developed a comprehensive continuum of affordable housing options integrated with direct social services including healthcare, recovery and employment. Central City Concern meets its mission through innovative outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
TITLE: Administrative Support Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Old Town Recovery Center
REPORTS TO: Site Operations Manager
SALARY: $16.00-$17.60, Hourly DOE
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for greeting clients and visitors as the first point of contact for the Old Town Recovery Center. Duties include answering incoming phone calls, taking messages from general voice mail, writing and routing messages, processing daily mail, ordering office supplies, pre-screening potential new clients, and working as a team to support program services. This position will also work on specialized projects, data entry and act as a backup when necessary to insure smooth and efficient administrative operations.
1. Must have GED or High School Diploma.
2. Must have at least one year administrative support experience.
3. Must be computer literate.
4. Must be able to work efficiently in a very fast paced environment.
5. Must have a high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
6. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and occasionally lift 25 lb
7. Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
8. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
9. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
10. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
11. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles and sexual orientations and treat individuals with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
Check out the full job description and apply at:
Reference requisition number: ADMIN03001
CCC offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees (in regular positions over 20 hours per week) valuing at approximately 30% of total compensation. Benefits include Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage and generous paid time off beginning at 4 weeks per year at time of hire
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs