Post Date: 11/26/2019
Close Date: 12/10/2019
Submarine Tour Guide
Regular, Part-Time: 20 hours per week
1 Position Available
Interested in Submarines? Enjoy working with people? Join the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) team and get paid to do what you love! As a Submarine Tour Guide, you’ll provide interpretive tours aboard the submarine, present other public programming related to the submarine, and perform necessary upkeep of the exhibit.
What you’ll do:
• Provide interpretive tours to groups ranging from 12 to 20 persons.
• Develop a complete and thorough understanding of the USS Blueback and its sub-systems.
• Perform maintenance and administrative tasks as directed.
• Provide quality customer service to visitors, and perform crowd management duties, acting as a ticket-taker, as needed.
• Master all boat safety and emergency procedures.
• Perform regular preventive maintenance and safety checks, and daily set-up, take-down and cleaning of the exhibit.
What you’ll need:
• Ability to quickly master technical systems.
• Ability to follow basic instructions.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral, including public speaking.
• Good organizational skills.
• Understanding of confidentiality and protocol.
• High School diploma, with emphasis on history courses or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Minimum 1 year of customer service experience.
• Flexibility to work weekdays, evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
• Hourly rate between $12.50 - $13.13, depending on experience.
• Oregon Sick pay
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team.
Want to join the OMSI team? Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/397546.html to apply!
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position