Post Date: 03/08/2019
Close Date: 03/29/2019
Salary Range: $78,496 - $103,296 annually.
Starting salary is $78,496 - $95,503 (depending upon qualifications), plus full benefits package.
Hiring a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve is essential to delivering exceptional City services and programs. The City of Hillsboro is committed to creating and supporting an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees to thrive. We value, respect, and empower employees as unique individuals with authentic voices and diverse ideas.
The City of Hillsboro’s Water Department is seeking a financial professional with particular expertise in long-term planning and multiyear debt financing. The ideal candidate will thrive in a high-functioning team environment while being self-guided in daily tasks and projects. The Program and Support Manager will lead a small team of professionals within the Water department by delivering critical policy decisions based on innovative analysis, modeling, and reporting. This position will also support future Water development by analyzing and researching various studies to improve forecasting of water rates.
Why should someone be excited to take this job at this time at the City of Hillsboro?
• This is an exciting opportunity due to the City’s participation in the Willamette Water Supply Program – a new water supply under development with an overall capital budget of over $1 billion!
• Gain experience with closing an EPA “WIFIA” loan and bonds totaling $350 million. This includes negotiating terms, obtaining credit ratings, and continuing disclosure compliance.
• The City values diversity and inclusion and seeks to raise the bar of service excellence and operational ingenuity for water utilities.
• Work with the City’s Finance Department and partner agencies to set policy and advocate on behalf of the City.
• The City is projecting significant long term growth, and you will help shape the Water Department in a cohesive management team structure.
General Statement of Duties
The principal function of an employee in this class is supervision of analysts and program management. Incumbents, as assigned, are responsible for oversight of assigned projects from inception to completion including staffing, budget, and contract administration. Incumbents serve as supervisors overseeing staff and conducting performance evaluations.
Acceptable Experience and Training
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years’ experience related to area of assignment including 3 years of supervisory experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Possession of a CPA or MBA is preferred.
• Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
Please visit our website Hillsboro-Oregon.gov/Jobs to apply online through our link. For an alternative to our online application system you may download and print an application packet.
Employment applications must be completed online or returned by mail, fax or in person by the closing deadline of the position. Applications received after the filing deadline, by email, or without a resume, cover letter, and supplemental questions will not be considered. Resumes will not substitute for the employment application. Applications may be submitted by fax to meet the application deadline.
City of Hillsboro
150 E Main Street, Second Floor
Hillsboro, Oregon 97123
The closing date for this position is 5:00 p.m., Friday, March 29, 2019. Qualified minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE