Post Date: 03/11/2019
Close Date: 04/23/2019
At Catlin Gabel School, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work as educators. We pride ourselves on being a warm and welcoming community, and we know our school's success is due in large part to the hard work and dedication of our passionate employees.
Catlin Gabel's dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our curriculum and in our mission. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Applications are welcome from anyone and everyone.
Position Title: FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR
Department: FOOD SERVICE
FTE: 1.0 (Exempt)
Reports to: Assistant Head of School
Food Service Manager provides day to day hands on supervision of the food service department, leading a team to help produce daily lunch and snacks for students and employees of the school.
Participate in the development and evaluation of all menu items:
• Utilize seasonal cycle menus
• Ensure effective cooking of breakfast and lunch items on menu
• Manage catered food as necessary.
Supervise and instruct cooks and food service workers in the following areas:
• Efficient production
• Standards for high quality production and presentation
• Standards of cleanliness in personal appearance, hygiene, food handling and food storage.
• Personal safety in the kitchen
• Health department guidelines for safe handling and storage of food.
Maintain cost awareness in the planning, preparation and storage of all products with an emphasis on minimizing waste:
• Ordering food for production needs, using recipes for ordering
• Keep production records for each meal
• Use standardized recipes when available
• Calculate preparation and cooking times to meet serving deadlines
• Meet with cooking staff weekly to discuss menus
• Use leftover products promptly to maintain quality
• Assist in food and equipment inventories.
Perform administrative responsibilities as necessary:
• Ensure that meals are prepared to open on time
• Ensure that kitchen staff are taking appropriate breaks
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment
• Keep track of production record
• Manage what products and equipment are needed in the kitchen
• Review food service employee performance and coach for high performance
• Engender a spirit of teamwork and collaboration of food service team.
• Conduct monthly inventory
• Facilitate monthly staff meeting
• Post monthly menus on website
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A minimum of two years full time work experience as a lead cook. A minimum of 2 years as a manager/supervisor in a large commercial restaurant, hotel, catering or institution required. Experience in demonstration style cooking preferred. Must have a current Food handler’s Permit or be able to obtain one within 30 days of employment. A degree from a culinary arts school and/or bachelor’s degree in related field may be given preference.
Must be able to work under the following conditions with or without reasonable accommodation: working with various kitchen equipment including, but not limited to, ovens, grills, steamers, fryers, knives and other kitchen equipment; bending and lifting of approximately 25lbs; pushing various types of food service equipment; working under deadlines; working with sometimes irate customers; and must be available for evening, weekends, and holidays work as required.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx. Applicants MUST apply via the provided link to be considered.
Complete details: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx