Post Date: 12/20/2018
Close Date: 01/17/2019
Volunteers of America Oregon is seeking a Counselor II to join our exceptional team. The Counselor II provides outpatient individual and group counseling services to young adults (18-30 years old) in VOA’s Community Partners Reinvestment Program. This position provides culturally-appropriate treatment and support services to a diverse population of young men and their families involved in the youth or adult criminal justice system, including providing services in both correctional facilities and the community.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred. Associates degree and two years of relevant experience may be substituted.
• At least three years’ experience in counseling, addictions treatment, or related field.
• Minimum CADC I. CADC II preferred.
• Knowledge of criminal behavior and at-risk populations.
• Familiarity with reentry issues that face justice-involved population.
• Understanding of African American culture and communities to interact effectively with participants.
• Mission-focused and passionate, with emphasis on serving high-risk populations using evidence-based practices.
• High level of cultural competence.
• Clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
• Well-developed clinical documentation skills and the ability to write accurate and concise reports while meeting tight deadlines.
• Capable of working independently and in collaboration as part of a team.
• Computer literate, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) and electronic medical records.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters and a strong sense of ethical conduct, sound judgment, and integrity.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
• Ability to pass a criminal background check.
• Reliable vehicle, an active driver’s license, current insurance, and ability to pass our insurer’s driving standards.
• Individuals in recovery from alcohol or drug addiction must have maintained continuous sobriety under non-residential, independent living conditions for at least the immediate past two years at the time of hire and maintain sobriety for duration of employment in this role.
• Ability to gain access to state and county youth and adult correctional facilities.
Compensation: Minimum $17.44/hours + Depends on experience & other qualifications. This is a full-time position with benefits. Benefits include: medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short long-term disability insurance, generous paid time off, 403(b) retirement contributions, flexible spending account, and other voluntary programs.
Interested applicants must apply online at www.voaor.org/explore-careers
If you need assistance completing online application, please contact the HR department.
Throughout our over 100 years of providing services to the community, the name Volunteers of America Oregon has become synonymous with compassion and care. We've earned our reputation through dedication and tireless commitment to helping individuals and families create safer, healthier, and more stable lifestyles. For as long as we've been around, our programs have been changing lives. Some people say they can't imagine doing what we do. We say, "We can't imagine not doing it!"
Volunteers of America Oregon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Complete details: www.voaor.org