Post Date: 09/13/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Accessible Technology Manager
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09492
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Management; Salary Level K, Fulltime, Enempt
Starting Salary Range: Minimum $67,189 to range mid-point of $82,307. Placement generally will not exceed the mid-point, based on qualifications, experience and internal equity. (Full Range is $67,189 to 97,423)
Job Close Date: For Best Consideration Apply by October 7, 2018
Portland Community College is seeking an Accessible Technology Manager to serve as a dedicated point of contact for our Accessible Technology Policy. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is ready to join a committed team and engage in innovative work. The Accessible Technology Manager is housed in Disability Services, but will have strong working relationships across the college. The successful applicant will supervise personnel in the Access Tech unit, ensuring the Accessibility Center is equipped to function as a One Stop shop for faculty and students across the multi-campus college.
We are seeking a collaborative and creative leader who is skilled in strategic planning as well as relationship and team building. We expect a commitment to cultural responsiveness and inclusion as well as a commitment to forward thinking and sustainable capacity building. We don't expect that applicants will necessarily have experience in all of the areas listed in the position description, rather we are looking for a person who brings a solid foundation of experience with managing an accessible technology program, and an openness to learning.
If this sounds like a learning community that you would like to be a part of, and an important role that you would like to play for PCC, please review the minimum qualifications for this position and apply today.
Anticipated Recruitment Timeline:
- September 10 - Job Announcement Published
- October 7 - Best Consideration Date
- November Interviews
- Start Date in late 2018 or early 2019
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employers Retirement System (PERS) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS. PCC also provides a 2% contribution to a 403(b) account for eligible management personnel. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
14.67 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
1. Supervises access technology personnel within Disability Services. Hires, evaluates, trains, disciplines and recommends dismissal of staff as necessary. Oversees the Accessible Technology unit including technology training and technical support, loaner equipment management, conversion and optimization of print and multimedia, braille, tactile graphics, 3D models, online maps, user testing, auditing, and remediation.
2. Analyzes, reviews and develops department documentation related to accessible technology workflows. Develops, reviews, and recommends college and department programmatic systems and procedures to ensure effectiveness of programs and compliance with internal and external requirements.
3. Serves as a dedicated point person for exceptions, exclusions, end-user testing, and access plan tracking and acts as a liaison with other departments and students within the College in order to provide information on available resources, programs, and/or services.
5. Develops and monitors accessible technology program budget, ensuring compliance with applicable fiscal restraints; implements and allocates resources following budget approval; approves expenditures.
6. Analyzes data and assesses needs and opportunities. Researches and recommends hardware purchases and software licensing options to improve access college-wide, working with the Senior OA to track payments/renewals.
7. Reviews and evaluates claims made in Voluntary Product Accessibility Templates (VPAT) for technology under consideration and works as point person with vendors.
9. Administers and documents progress related to the acquisition and implementation of appropriate accessible technology (AT) and accessibility solutions across multiple departments and campuses, serving as a point person for staff and faculty.
10. Develops, recommends, and administers policies, procedures, and processes in support of departmental operations; implements and monitors compliance with approved policies, procedures, and processes. Ensures compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements (experience requirements use full-time equivalent): Volunteer positions are is not counted as professional experience).
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Assistive Technology, Education, or related. The degree requirement may be substituted with experience on a year for year basis.
Three years of progressively responsible experience related to accessible technology management including two years of supervisory experience.
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
- Experience managing large scale accessibility projects with multiple stakeholders. building relationships and sustaining collaborations.
- Experience with web content accessibility guidelines, including their application to innovative and complex challenges such as those related to STEAM curriculum.
- Experience developing and facilitating access plans for both core enterprise or department tools, and curricular or learning opportunity related technologies.
- Experience applying best practices, theory, research, and innovation in a college setting, in order to improve institutional approach to accessible technology management.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position, please submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)* Please address how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Notes to Applicant:
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1293389
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1293389