Post Date: 07/08/2019
Close Date: 07/31/2019
Are you organized with an eye for the minor details your peers sometime miss? Do you have stellar customer service skills and enjoy working with a variety of people across different departments? Do you like a fast-paced environment and juggling multiple priorities? Is managing volunteers who are instrumental the workflow of a 50+ person office a skill you want to grow? Our Operations Coordinator position could be the next step in your career!
As our Operations Coordinator, you will be responsible for a variety of operational activities that contribute to the success of our programs. You’ll work with and learn about multiple departments that include Government Relations, Facilities, Marketing and Volunteer Programs as well as contribute to the smooth operations of the Portland office. Key responsibilities include scheduling and coordinating logistics for special events and meetings, facility management, overseeing the reception desk, and supporting our policy team. You’ll create reports, track data, develop materials, and facilitate communication. The Ops Coordinator will also manage an all-star team of volunteer receptionists and perform other duties as assigned.
In case you’re not familiar, The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 72 countries, all 50 United States, and your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity therefore we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
As a leader in Oregon’s conservation community, our team of scientists and problem solvers protects and restores the iconic landscapes and inspiring locations that define our great state. From working to reduce the severity of fires in our forests and designing our clean water future to developing innovative technologies with fisherman and ranchers that sustainably protect both nature and livelihoods, The Nature Conservancy is building a future where people and nature thrive together.
The is a fulltime, 35 hours per week, nonexempt position with a hiring range of $24.48-26.01 per hour. This position’s schedule is Monday-Friday, 9-5 pm with availability to work occasional nights and weekends.
• Bachelor’s degree and 1-year experience or equivalent combination;
• Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading;
• Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines;
• Experience performing one or more administrative processes; and
• Experience working and communicating with a wide range of people.
Some desired qualifications:
• Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated;
• Ability to analyze information for the purpose of preparing reports, coordinating activities, and solving problems;
• Ability to apply research skills;
• Ability to write and edit written materials for use with program communications and special events;
• Database skills, including managing and tracking data, and producing reports;
• Excellent customer service skills and focus;
• Experience, coursework, or other training in relevant field; and/or
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Interested in finding out more?
Review the full description and apply by visiting our www.nature.org/careers and entering job ID 47818 in the keywords search.
Applications must be submitted by 8:59 PM PT on July 31, 2019 to be considered.