Post Date: 01/27/2020
Close Date: 02/17/2020
Policy Analyst - Child Care
Agency: Oregon Department of Education
Salary Range: $5,454 - $7,982
Application Deadline: 02/17/2020
Apply online: https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Salem--Summer-Street---ODE/Policy-Analyst---Child-Care_REQ-14372-1
The Early Learning Division prides itself on supporting all of Oregon's young children and families to learn and thrive. When you consider a career with us, you will be joining a team who values equity, making a positive impact for children and families, dedication, integrity and collective wisdom to benefit Oregon children and families.
We are seeking a Policy Analyst, Child Care (Operations and Policy Analyst 4) with our Salem Office of the Early Learning Division. This is a permanent, full-time position represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU).
As a Policy Analyst, Child Care you focus on the state’s Child Care Development Fund (CCDF) State Plan, with a focus on child care assistance policy. As the lead agency for CCDF, ELD is responsible for setting the vision for child care in the state in accordance with Federal and State requirements. You are a key member of creating that vision, as well as operationalizing it through the development of the CCDF State Plan, collaborate with Oregon’s Department of Human Services, who administers the state’s child care subsidy program, work closely with Federal Region X partners, and frequently engage with stakeholders across the state. You also collaborate with CCDF tribal child care administrators in the state. The Policy Analyst, Child Care, plays a key role on ELD’s policy team and exists to provide policy expertise and advice to Division leadership.
What we are looking for:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Finance, Political Science or any degree related to public policy; and five years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work related to public policy; OR any combination of experience and education equivalent to eight years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work related to public policy.
• Knowledge of early learning policy
• Knowledge of child care policy trends
• Knowledge of state legislative process
• Knowledge of rule-making process
• Knowledge of statewide budget process, policy and practices
• Knowledge of policy analysis and decision making
• Knowledge of federal legislative process
• Ability to provide fiscal analysis of policy
• Demonstrated strategic thinking, planning, and execution
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully across units within an organization
• Demonstrate ability to work in a fast changing environment
• Must work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
The Department of Education is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to a diverse workforce. The Department strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet every one of our qualifications listed. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, please feel free to contact us to discuss your application.