Post Date: 01/03/2020
Close Date: 02/05/2020
This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon’s largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: decarbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We’re searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world’s clean energy future!
This is a limited duration position that may last 6 months to 3 years.
Staff Business Systems Analyst / Business Systems Analyst – Integrated Security Program
We are posting this position at both the Staff-Level and Mid-Level and are recruiting for 2 positions.
As a Business Systems Analyst for the Integrated Security Program team, you will have the unique opportunity to act as a liaison between IT and the business to elicit, document, analyze and validate requirements for new systems and enhancement of existing systems. You will work on a variety of Cyber Security projects and analyze business processes/problems to be solved with automated systems. Additionally, you will identify gaps and provide expertise in business requirements for system specifications and scale new and current systems, processes and procedures in a cost-effective manner.
A successful candidate will have strong business analysis experience specifically in requirements definition / management and business process improvement. These roles function as a consultant to the business and requires strong relationship management skills.
These positions require a bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, engineering management or other related field or equivalent experience.
Staff Level, requires typically, two or more years of experience in a related field.
• Working knowledge of business analysis framework
• Intermediate knowledge of discovery techniques and requirements definition
• Intermediate knowledge of requirements documentation
• Working knowledge of business solutions, services and databases
• Working knowledge of customer service management
• Working knowledge of change management including opportunity and benefits recognition
Mid-level requires typically, five or more years of experience in a related field.
• Intermediate knowledge of business analysis framework
• Advanced knowledge of discovery techniques and requirements definition
• Advanced knowledge of requirements documentation
• Intermediate knowledge of client relationship management techniques and client service models
• Intermediate knowledge of business process improvement frameworks
• Intermediate knowledge of change management including opportunity and benefits recognition
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date
To apply, please visit: portlandgeneral.com/careers